You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
An iconic brand where you can grow as a leader
Since the beginning, American Express has been defined by its ability to innovate, evolve, disrupt and take risks. What has remained constant throughout this history of transformation is our dedication to our Customers, to our colleagues, and to the values on which American Express was built: integrity, inclusion, quality, respect, and community.
American Express has a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
Find your place at #teamamex.
Support and trust to thrive in your career and life
Our mission is to give our Customers a level of service that goes above and beyond their expectations every day. We are advocates for our Customers, designing creative solutions to meet their needs, and aiming to become essential to them by providing differentiated products and services to help them achieve their aspirations.
You lead the way. We’ve got your back. What you choose to do for a living is one of the most meaningful decisions you can make. At American Express, our job is to help you excel at yours. We provide:
- Experiences to grow as a great leader
- A world of opportunities to grow your career
- An inclusive culture to help you thrive
We support you professionally and personally, because the best way to back our Customers is to back our people.
The Global Servicing Learning Network (GSLN) is responsible for creating and delivering successful learning programs across Global Services Group (GSG) for our newly hired colleagues and ensures that they continue to learn and develop throughout their tenure with the company. We also partner closely with Global Talent Acquisition (GTA), HR and our business partners to ensure we identify and bring the right talent to the organization. We support over 20,000 colleagues across the globe in 9 languages and in 20+ markets
Meaningful, rewarding work performed with integrity.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Assess and evaluate candidates on communication competence via mock calls and classroom observation
- Deliver core communication training, coaching and feedback on communication (Language, Soft SKills and Cultural immersion) throughout a new hire’s training journey in classroom and OJT
- Prepare and implement action plans based on learners needs
- Provide performance updates and recommendations to business leaders
- Participate in calibrations to ensure consistent scoring and feedback
- Provide additional communication support to tenured colleagues when required
- Preferred Skills:
- Unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, must be a clear and strong speaker
- REQUIRED PRIOR CORE LANGUAGE & COMMUNICATION TRAINING EXPERIENCE OF 2 -3 YEARS FOR US MARKETS
- High proficiency in facilitation and instruction using various training delivery methodologies, Understanding of Virtual Training tools, Adobe, WebEx etc. preferred
- Well-developed coaching and performance management skills
- Organizational agility – ability to flex and adjust to meet changing business needs (variable shift patterns could incorporate nights/weekends/changing delivery requirements)
- Ability to lead in a fast paced and dynamic environment & strong interpersonal skills to interact at all levels
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; ability to interpret various data sets into clear performance trends
- Highly motivated, with a high level of personal accountability and manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency
- University graduate or equivalent.
- Any additional certifications on language skills, linguistics, Grammar etc will be a preferred
- Location: Campus, Gurgaon, India –. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we will work with you to ship equipment to your home address and conduct a new hire orientation virtually. From there your training and/or work will be remote until the situation with Covid-19 allows us to move back into our building. *
- Workplace Flexibility: Full time. Shift flexibility requirements will be 24X7 as per need
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
*At American Express’ discretion this position may be work from home and adjusted back to “in office” at any time
The same way we treat our colleagues is how we treat all applicants – with respect. We thrive on diversity & inclusion.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 2:07:14 PM