Within GMNS, the B2B Supplier Strategy, Products and Partnerships team is responsible for developing new strategies, capabilities and value that grows AXP volume with US-based suppliers.
As part of this, forming impactful partnerships with 3rd parties in order to advance AXP’s goals and provide enhanced value for our customers is a critical part of our B2B strategy. These partners could range from established marketplace players to emerging fin-techs that span across the payment lifecycle and address varying needs for our customers.
An example of this are Bill Pay Providers (BPP), which are a new classification of 3rd party payments platforms that enable Cardmembers to indirectly pay AXP accepting and non-AXP accepting suppliers by converting the card payment to ACH, check or wire. While BPPs have become established in key markets over several years, their recent significant growth has created new opportunities for AXP to partner more closely in the U.S. and develop consistent best practices and governing policies worldwide. As the U.S. relationship owner of these emerging, high-growth 3rd party platforms, this role will come with high visibility and priority both internally and externally.
This position is responsible for not only managing the partner relationships for BPPs in the U.S., including strategic thought leadership, leading key negotiations, and driving profitable business initiatives as an initial stage, but also the later development of other strategic relationships as our roadmap develops. Defining and executing these partnership strategies to drive continued American Express growth with external players will be the most critical component of the role. The role reports into the Director of B2B Strategy, Products and Partnerships.
- Key lead for partner business development discussions, negotiations and contracting.
- Internal point of contact for other American Express groups that work with these partners.
- Prepare executive-level briefings and presentations as needed.
- Global leader and coordinator of BPP partner management forum.
- Develop and socialize strategies for BPP players to ensure mutual profitable growth for AXP, partners, and customers.
- Proactively interpret the evolving landscape of emerging B2B payments models and formulate a perspective on how American Express must adapt and evolve in parallel.
- Excellent client relationship skills with demonstrated ability to influence business partners
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills, particularly with external partners
- Strong problem solving skills, including comfortable with ambiguity and ability to change course quickly based on new insights
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and comfortable presenting to senior stakeholders
- Organized, prepared and dependable
- Positive, flexible and proactive
- Experience in the emerging payments and payment processing industry a plus
- 5-7 years relevant business experience required
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or equivalent a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 12:00:41 AM