You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Manager/Sr Manager, Global Operational Risk Oversight
The Operational Risk Oversight team within Global Risk, and Compliance (GRC) is responsible for identifying and overseeing operational risk across all processes and geographies at American Express.
The incumbent will identify, assess, measure, monitor and report operational risk using recent advances in data science and technology. The incumbent will be responsible for conducting independent risk assessments, providing effective challenge to first line teams, and ensuring that significant risks are promptly identified.
The incumbent will report to Director, Operational Risk Oversight.
- Provide effective challenge through independent reviews of operational risk processes
- Identify operational risk metrics (e.g. KRIs and KPIs) to continuously monitor and oversee risk
- Conduct quantitative analysis on risk management data to drive insights and recommendations for first line teams
- Support enhancement of the operational risk appetite framework
- Develop requirements to support next generation risk capabilities (e.g. Smart Monitoring)
- Escalate issues and emerging risks in accordance with various AXP and AENB’s risk management policies and processes
- Experience in data-driven analytics, including analyzing structured and unstructured data
- Expertise in usage of analytical tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, HIVE/HADOOP, R, Python)
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver under tight timelines and manage multiple priorities
- Strong collaboration skills
- Risk management experience is preferred
- Advanced degree in quantitative field is preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2021, 5:17:26 PM