Global Fraud Protection Services is searching for strong candidates to be an Account Protection Specialist (APS) for our Suspect Fraud Team. As a member of the Suspect Fraud Team, you will research and investigate potentially suspicious fraud claims referred by Fraud Risk for additional investigation. A successful candidate will aide in protecting and minimizing fraud losses as well as being an advocate for the merchant by using a variety of tools to determine validity, various trends, and/or process improvements.
This position involves inbound and outbound customer contact with both the card member and service establishment to validate the claim, educate, inform and deliver a sometimes difficult message while diffusing situations. The successful candidate will be accountable to successfully manage a high inventory caseload, meet performance metrics while ensuring inquiries and transactions are handled professionally, in accordance with company policies, regulatory requirements and service level agreements.
- High School diploma or 1 year of work experience
- Experience working under Federal Regulatory Compliance guidelines with accountability for quality, efficiency and effectiveness metrics
- Must be able to work full time Monday- Friday between the hours of 6am- 4:30pm
- Experience working with Credit/Charge Card fraud claims
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to effectively balance research vs. efficiency and adjusting work effort based on priorities ( adapt to change)
- Ability to manage and prioritize large caseload on a daily basis
- Demonstrated experience with ability to identify and report new trends
- Demonstrated personal accountability via self-motivation, initiative, driving results
- Ability to work independently and maintain confidential information
- Excellent communication skills with both internal and external customers via phone and written correspondence
- Demonstrated ability to deliver a difficult message with minimal escalations
- Commitment to fostering a positive work environment and teamwork; able to give and receive feedback to colleagues
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2021, 12:19:36 PM