The CRA Accounting Manager will assume the primary ownership and responsibility of the CRA accounting functions and new U.S. GAAP standards implementation as they will:
- Direct Financial Reporting of CRA activity for the Bank
- Serve as a subject matter expert of American Express Company’s CRA accounting and reporting including Low Income Housing Tax Credits, New Market Tax Credits, Loans, etc.
- Lead a team of one accounting professional supporting the Bank’s CRA processes
- Manage the implementation of new GAAP accounting standards for the Bank (e.g., Revenue Recognition, CECL, PAM, etc.)
- Evaluate control processes to identify and implement process improvements and ensure compliance with SOX 404 and other internal control requirements. This individual will also be responsible for managing the testing of SOX and FDICIA controls throughout the year.
- Provide accounting support on special projects related to key business and financial initiatives
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant work experience, including financial reporting, accounting, and/or audit
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP, finance practices, and SEC reporting and accounting guidelines
- An understanding of closing processes, journal entries and accruals, settlement processes, and cash movements and balancing
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, drive projects, improve processes, and work well under time-pressured deadlines
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills with the ability to present financial information clearly and concisely
- Dedicated, reliable, self-motivated individual with strong organizational capabilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team and to lead initiatives and maintain strong working relationships with business partners
- Ability to lead and manage a team and ensure that the daily, weekly and month-end responsibilities are completed timely
- Must be flexible and adaptable in a continuously changing environment and also willing to work necessary hours in order to meet deadlines and provide a quality product to customers
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance. MBA or Masters of Accounting is preferred
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
CPA a plus
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2021, 8:39:50 PM