American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the leading provider of payments for corporations and businesses of all sizes globally. The US SME (Small Medium Enterprise) segment is the largest opportunity for growth in GCS and a key area of strategic focus and investment. The Retention and Best Customer team is focused on preventing attrition of clients and protecting relationships of our Best Customers to ultimately drive more profitable growth for the business. This innovative team is anchored on utilizing data to design highly targeted surround-sound retention strategies anchored in reaching the right customer at the right time in the right channel.
This director will lead a team to develop the next generation of retention and Best Customer treatments that sits at the center of sustaining profitable revenue for US SME. In this role you will be charged with developing, delivering and optimizing highly targeted client and risk-driven retention strategy, in partnership with sales and underwriting teams to intercept and re-engage clients and ultimately rebound their spend. You will surround-sound this approach, defining and expanding the Corporate attrition prevention program with site and email marketing to prevent attrition. Lastly, this role will expand the Best Customer strategy and program—including top tier servicing & loyalty, differentiated offers & rewards and the best credit capacity experience, with focus on ‘Best of Best’ SME clients—to retain clients and drive more spend. This people leader will inspire a team of 5 colleagues to deliver and exceed upon this plan.
- Design Retention and Best Customer programs to deliver aggressive retention goals in volatile economic environment.
- Work in close collaboration with partners in Marketing, Data Science, Account Development, Underwriting and Risk, to bring to life highly targeted client-driven and risk-driven strategies to retain relationships and sustain profitable growth for SME.
- Serve as Best Customer SME and Owner, working cross-functionally with Marketing, Risk, Underwriting and other business units, to ensure Best customers receive the best and experiences treatments in every interaction with American Express.
- Innovate and redesign highly targeted Premium Client Program for ‘best of best’ SME clients to deliver above and beyond servicing and treatments with limited resourcing.
- Partner closely with Data Science teams to measure impact of strategic programs.
- Lead investment optimization decisions to deliver against the most profitable customer treatments.
- Inspire, motivate and lead a team of 5 colleagues to deliver upon marketing plan.
- Exceptional people leadership with a proven track record of generating followership
- Strong thought leadership, ideally with dialogic/people-based channel marketing and digital experience
- Strong financial and analytic acumen and enjoys operating in white space environment.
- Superior communication skills: Ability to synthesize and structure complex information and deliver it clearly with the right level of detail depending on the audience, able to influence all levels through strong story telling & quantitative and qualitative evidence
- Self-starter and self-empowered leader who can independently drive collaborative work in complex organization systems / across teams with different objectives
- Experience designing results reporting packages and delivering stories, familiarity with success measurement strategies – leading KPIs as well as test vs. control
- Is resilient, is positive but is pragmatic and direct; proven track record of challenging the status quo with strong creative problem-solving skills and ability to implement solutions while bringing diverse groups along
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 12, 2021, 4:34:45 PM