“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Director – Credit & Fraud Risk, Operational Excellence
The Director, Credit and Fraud Risk (CFR) Operational Excellence, is a key member of the Operational Risk Excellence team, which is part of CFR’s first line of defense for Operational Risk, and will lead a team of operational risk professionals.
The incumbent will lead the development and implementation of strategies enabling sustainable growth and best-in-class customer experience while maintaining an effective and efficient control environment and responding with discipline to operational breakdowns. The incumbent is also responsible for comprehensive implementation of the Operational Risk Management framework adopted by the Company and consisting of several core components including governance, forward-looking risk assessment, business and environment internal control factors, reporting and monitoring globally across Credit and Fraud Risk.
This role will be based in New York, and reports to the Vice President of Credit and Fraud Risk, Operational Excellence.
- Leading identification of emerging operational risks and partnering closely with CFR colleagues to identify process improvements and implement prevention strategies to strengthen the control environment.
- Partnering with CFR teams to build and drive strong controls including effective and automated monitoring of data and processes (i.e. Key Risk Indicators – KRIs). Provide strong oversight and governance of KRI triggers, resolution, and outcomes.
- Overseeing issue management including timely identification of issues and ensuring completion milestones are met per Issue Management policy. Drive root cause analysis and insights and identify implications for business like processes.
- Developing PRSA (Process Risk Self-Assessment) strategy and refreshing the PRSA inventory with business partners in alignment with 2nd line operational risk framework requirements.
- Coordinating with CFR Line of Business Compliance Officer (LOBCO) to support Annual Compliance Plan development and execution.
- Supporting annual activities related to Resolution Planning and Bank Affiliate Agreements.
- Providing support in ensuring CFR meets the obligations of Amex policies with direct impacts to the business unit, such as Anti-Corruption / Anti-Trust (AEMP07), Management of Technology Solutions (AEMP 30) and New Product Approvals (AEMP 54).
- Supporting other enterprise-wide programs such as Third Party Lifecycle Management, UDAAP, and Business Impact Analysis / Business Continuity Plans.
- 8+ years of strategy, information management, credit, fraud, risk capabilities or operational risk
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, communicate effectively and influence across all levels in a cross-functional environment
- Superior process excellence skills
- Advanced analytical and structured problem-solving skills
- Strong technical skills to direct data evaluation, analytics, and tracking/reporting of metrics
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity and rapid change
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Strong focus on execution excellence and attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Credit Card business, Risk and Financial Management platforms is desired
- Experience in third-party risk management desired
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with American Express Management Policies, operational risk concepts and the operational risk framework at American Express
- Advanced degree (e.g., MS or MBA) in a quantitative field preferred
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 9:58:54 AM