American Express is committed to protecting and enhancing its brand and reputation through an intense focus on customer service and ethical business conduct.
Compliance plays a critical role in protecting the company, its brand and its employees through practical, solution-focused guidance on regulatory and ethics-related matters.
Compliance maintains and continually enhances a comprehensive and highly effective compliance program across the company.
Compliance strives to be a valued partner to our businesses while building a reputation of credibility and effectiveness with regulators.
In our Compliance department in Spain, we are looking for a Compliance analyst.
This position is responsible for:
- Analyze advertising/marketing communications an provide guidance from a Compliance perspective
- Support the Customer Care Service in the management and resolution of customer complaints
- Support the Regulatory Advisory Unit in the implementation of law and regulations requirements, internal programs and policies, standards and procedures, for Consumer Protection, Fair Practices, Transparency, PSD.
- Advise the business on compliance-related matters, and the regulatory implications of new and existing products, services and processes; resolution of compliance-related incidents/issues
- Assists the business in the maintenance of compliance-related procedures
- Support the Regulatory Advisory Unit in all required activities with the objective to assist the Business, Staff and Operative Functions for all Compliance matters in their daily activities
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, standards and policies relevant to the areas of Transparency, Consumer Protection, and the other relevant regulations
- Support in the the proper management of the info flows and metrics towards the Local Governance Bodies
- Support the Regulatory Advisory Unit in all tasks to maintain a strong relationship with the Regulators in market
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
University degree (preferably Law or Economics and Business)
Spanish language (native level) and fluency in English, both verbal and written is a must
Microsoft Office management at an intermediate level (mainly Excel, Power Point and Word)
Strong communication (verbal and written)
Good organizational and planning skills
Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure monitoring and execution
Ability to work under pressure with multiple tasks
System of controls and risk assessment knowledge is welcome
Experience of 2 year's in Compliance is preferred
Working experience in multinational company such as Amex is highly valued
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 4:18:07 AM