You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences - from payments to rewards to servicing - that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry.
How will you make an impact in this role?
This is an opportunity to join the Enterprise Platforms (EP) - Digital Banking team within American Express. Join us, if you have the talent and desire to create the vision for quality, innovative and compliant Banking products and services.
As a Product Manager, you will join a team that develops and delivers new American Express Digital Banking Products for Consumers and Small Businesses: checking accounts, personal savings and debit cards. This new group is nimble and creative, with the power to shape our product vision, strategy and roadmap for American Express Banking Products. We are a hard-working, fun-loving team that delivers exciting next-generation capabilities for banking products and benefits to our customers.
The Product Manager- Compliance in the EP - Digital Banking team is responsible for the regulatory compliance of Core Banking Capabilities through continual evaluation and deployment of high-quality controls. Requires strong organizational, documentation and reporting, analytical, collaborative and creative problem-solving skills. Must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and with cross-functional teams.
The Product Manager will report and assist the Director Product Management. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of American Express business model, platforms, products and services, understand the key risk areas, investigate issues and internal and external data used for regulatory and investigatory purposes and identify due diligence regulatory controls across the core digital banking ecosystem.
- Collaborate with teams to understand the processes, risks, controls and regulatory data
- Adapt quickly to a fast paced ecosystem and regulatory changes, validate action plans and document results
- Lead the deployment and optimal utilization and monitoring of controls
- Enable effective assessment of controls with a data-driven approach and ensure audit readiness
- Drive regulatory roadmap and proactively lead the adoption in processes and environment
- Ensure compliance gaps are identified and corrective actions are agreed upon and completed
- Responsible for staying abreast of Regulatory and legislative changes pertaining to banking and financial practices
- Maintain necessary documentation and records to assure efficient and consistent compliance efforts
- Provide materials and support needed during inquiries and audits
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-10 years in relevant experience
- Financial services industry experience and an understanding of related products, services, features, economics and key regulations
- Understanding of US regulatory, accounting, and financial industry best practices and processes relevant to the business, including technology and data implications
- Experience with technology control testing including interface inputs, reports, application security, business continuity and third parties
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify potential compliance issues, root causes and streamlined solutions
- Experience with data analytic tools, data visualization, key risk indicators (KRIs), key performance indicators (KPIs), and scorecards / dashboards
- Ability to break-down a complex problem into components, solve them using data analysis, process knowledge and risk/control knowledge, and communicate data analysis, issues and control recommendations with transparency and integrity
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that deliver quality, actionable and beneficial feedback to management on potential issues and solutions to close gaps
- Knowledge and experience in the application of regulatory practices in a digital banking environment
- Ability to effectively integrate compliance requiements into business, operational, technological, data, and financial components
- Effectively works independently, within a team and across teams in a fast-paced environment to drive business results, utilizing product management skills, employing creative thinking, and the ability to work on competing priorities
- BS, or equivalent degree in Business or finance related field; background in information systems, data engineering or information technology would be a plus
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 3:41:37 PM