Global New Accounts
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible— and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Here, you’ll learn and grow as we champion your meaningful career journey, with programs and benefits to back you at each stage of your career and life.
Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our powerful backing promise to our customers and each other every day. And, we’ll do it in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they truly belong. Join #TeamAmex and let’s lead the way together.
Go above and beyond at a company that sets the standard for customer first service.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day– from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service. Find your place in service on #TeamAmex.
The Role & Responsibilities:
Meaningful, rewarding work performed with integrity
This exciting Team Leader role is the coach to a team of highly skilled and motivated Customer Care Professionals (CCPs). As an inspiring coach, the Team Leader will set team and individual performance goals and use performance metrics and reporting to drive performance and business results. They will monitor customer interactions to ensure extraordinary service, and will provide consistent and ongoing coaching and feedback to ensure their teams are performing at their highest levels.
Our Team Leader is an entrepreneur who is an advocate and supporter for both their employees and their customers. They thrive in ambiguity and constantly strive for continuous improvement. They are intellectually curious, constantly seeking information about their team, the business, the industry, and they share a passion for growth and knowledge with their teams and peers. The Team Leader is responsible and accountable for delivering Operation Effectiveness and Excellence.
Global New Accounts is a diverse, multicultural and dynamic department servicing 9 European markets in Madrid, Brighton, Rome and Paris. With a prime focus on delivering extraordinary customer service in all that we do, we are tasked with ensuring that the first experience customers have with American Express is one that demonstrates excellence, whilst instilling trust, loyalty and most importantly security.
This position is primarily responsible for the day-to-day leadership of a group of at least 14 multilingual customer care professionals servicing the German market. The ideal candidate must motivate the employees servicing American Express new customers to drive engagement and deepen loyalty.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Driving business metrics (e.g., customer satisfaction, service levels, Outbound and Inbound call efficiency, Quality, Compliance adherence, schedule adherence, etc.)
- Drive key adherence to all market AML regulatory requirements working in partnership with other key functions such as Privacy, Compliance, AML, BST and Risk.
- Monitoring customer servicing calls to ensure flawless servicing execution / treatment, implementing call centre
- Leadership / floor management administration
- Nurture and maintain a positive and collaborative relationship with our key Business partners (GNICS & GCS)
- Ensuring adequate staffing levels to maintain service levels and employee satisfaction. Including recruiting, coaching, training and development of colleagues
- Providing daily coaching to calling executives
- Manage churn / attrition of team members.
- Support customer satisfaction initiatives in enhancing / meeting CSAT metrics
- Lead and maintain employee satisfaction and morale by using proactive coaching as well as reward & recognition tools available
- Consistently and effectively implement the Performance Management Process as a leadership tool to help employees maximize their performance
- Initiate process improvements by identifying service delivery gaps, offer solutions and successfully implement ideas to enhance American Express products and services
- Provide leadership insight in process improvement initiatives
- Responsible for compliance for all processes and policies and developing quality and productivity evaluations
- The successful candidate will be part of a team that provides the ability to effectively demonstrate personal accountability in increasing customer satisfaction
- Decision making in critical and day to day situations
- Location: Madrid. Based on the evolving situation with Covid-19, we will work with you to ship equipment to your home address and conduct a new hire orientation virtually. From there your training and/or work will be remote until the situation with Covid-19 allows us to move back into our building.
- Workplace Flexibility: Full time. Shift flexibility requirements
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded with target driven incentives
- Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
Unique career journey shaped by your talent and curiosity
- Fluent in German. Candidates without this will not be evaluated
- Existing direct People Leading experience in an operational environment is highly desirable
- Proven people leader, demonstrating resilience, engagement and commitment as well as high level of autonomy
- Proven previous experience in building relationships with customers and creating value and loyalty through the phone channel
- Demonstrated follow-up, coaching, performance management, team building, networking and conflict resolution skills
- Being capable of building and leveraging relationships with the Business is key in this position
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities, work in a fast-paced environment and make decisions quickly while demonstrating flexibility / adaptability / personal accountability
- Builds diverse talent
- Creative and dynamic thinker. Proven history of implementing development and action plans to aid in growing team member skills to drive results - builds and leverages relationships
- Drives improvements & solutions
- Successful in previous job (high performers)
- Demonstrated follow-up, coaching and conflict resolution skills required
- A natural and inspirational coach - a proven motivator of people
- Demonstrated superior communication/interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word and Excel
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Batchelors degree or equivalent experience
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 11:03:38 AM