This Sr. Client Manager (CLM) position is responsible for managing a portfolio of approximately 90-100 merchants from B2B and B2C companies representing approximately $600M in annual American Express charge volume. These are well-known brands across various industries and verticals including restaurant, retail, lodging, charities, business and professional services.
Responsibilities include managing and expanding American Express’ merchant relationships through developing and delivering valuable insights, solutions, consultation and creativity. This includes establishing deep, mutually beneficial and profitable, relationships with the merchants and driving incremental revenue to the merchant and Amex. By understanding the merchant's organization and industry and applying knowledge of American Express, CLMs serve as consultants within Amex to develop and sell customized Amex solutions that help merchants manage and optimize their investments, payment processing and card acceptance experiences.
Do you enjoy a dynamic, collaborative work environment where you can make a mark? Are you someone who knows how to drive significant business results and new partnerships? Are you excited to join a team culture that is opportunistic, innovative, accountable, customer-oriented and results-focused? If so, this role is for you.
In this role, the responsibilities are to:
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 90-100 strategic cross-industry merchants
- Establish and build strong relationships through consistent in-person interaction with merchants regarding their business model, industry, marketplace, etc.
- Elevate, expand depth and breadth of C-Level, Finance, Treasury, Sales and Marketing Relationships within portfolio with focus on leveraging those relationships to drive revenue for Amex.
- Identify and expand existing business relationships, increase acceptance with Merchants, and develop strategic portfolio / account plans.
- Provide proactive consultation to drive business growth and improve customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute strategic account plans to grow Amex revenue, market share and profitability.
- Increase Amex relevance by consistently and effectively communicating the value story.
- Consistently track / evaluate business results with a focus on moving opportunities through sales pipeline
- Build and leverage relationships with internal network to efficiently execute against account growth plans.
- Increase Merchant Satisfaction (NPS score).
- Strong track record of relationship management and consultative selling skills with a demonstrated ability to establish, maintain and deepen partnerships with customers, and identify and drive profitability within the portfolio.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on manipulating merchant metrics in excel to determine portfolio strategy / approach
- Excellent financial skills, strong qualitative and analytical skills and the ability to prepare financial analysis to support value propositions and support growth proposals.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and collaboration skills are required.
- Highly customer focused, a self-starter and a results-driven individual.
- Ability to articulate value proposition and connect it to the customer’s business model
- Strong presentation/negotiation skills and the ability to build rapport and credibility.
- Proven success of influencing and collaborating with C-level decision makers.
- Excellent oral/written communication and be proficient in MS Office applications.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven success in account management/sales and portfolio planning preferred.
- Ability to communicate frequently, candidly and clearly. Ability to listen and adapt/pivot approach
- Knowledge of the Merchant / acquiring business and/or the U.S. payments industry are strongly preferred.
- Position is Virtual and must reside in broad area where portfolio of merchants is based. (Pennsylvania, strong preference for Central PA or Pittsburgh area. Not a Philadelphia-based position).
- Educational requirement: Minimum of a college degree, MBA preferred.
This employee will be on the road visiting merchants on average 8-12 days per month. As such, a company car is provided as part of the compensation package. A motor vehicle records check will be conducted for all successful candidates at the time of offer. Disclosure of all moving violations within the last 3 years (Including, but not limited to: Speeding Tickets, Refusal to submit to BAC (Blood Alcohol Content), Reckless Driving, Leaving scene of accident, and Driver’s License suspension for moving violations) is required during the application process.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2021, 10:53:57 AM