“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
As part of Technology Strategy & Transformation, the Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) is responsible for defining and governing the core standards, frameworks, processes, and tools that are used across the enterprise for Technology Investment, Software Development (SDLC) and Software Capitalization.
The Director, Portfolio Product Management and Operations will lead a global team focused on leading the feature and capability roadmap for the Portfolio Management Database (PMDB) and Clarity Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) products, driving innovation and quality while delivering enhancements and new capabilities that support the centralization of portfolio functions. The Director will also be responsible for Technology portfolio operations, leading Business Process Services (BPS) and Technology financial Process Risk Self-Assessments (PRSA).
The BPS team provides centralized support to complete complex, high volume portfolio management transactions, such as vendor onboarding, on behalf of customers across Technology, with the goal of removing administrative burden and ensuring high quality.
The PRSA team is focused on safeguarding the Company’s brand and assets ensuring compliance with the Software Capitalization and Legal Entity Charge-out PRSA Controls by executing risk-based testing, mitigating risk to financial reporting, and meeting regulatory expectations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Product Management and Strategy – Develop and share transparently an outcome-driven product roadmap, incorporating customer metrics and voice of customer.
- Product Delivery – Lead product managers to translate product roadmaps into product backlogs; coordinate communications, facilitate resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the product delivery.
- Continual Improvement & Automation – Systematically identify and remove Tech portfolio management process pain points, either through automation or process improvement.
- Business Process Services – Lead a Manager people leader with 10+ direct reports that oversees the business process services delivery and quality management.
- PRSA Management – Oversee testing execution across two PRSA programs to ensure Technology adherence, lead reviews to modernize and refine existing Risk-Based Controls and manage stakeholder communications with internal SOX Office, Internal Audit Group and external auditors.
- Diverse Global Team Leadership – Build and lead a high-performing global team based in US, Manila, and India.
- Brand Building – Partner with stakeholder teams across the Blue Box to drive awareness of service offerings, product capabilities and ensure compliance with PRSA requirements.
- 8+ yeas of related experience.
- Bachelor's Degree; Advance Degree preferred.
- Leadership – Experience in building, leading, and mentoring diverse and global teams.
- Product Management – Previous Product Management experience with demonstrated Product and UX toolkit.
- Portfolio Operations – Strong knowledge of Tech Portfolio processes (e.g. vendor, capacity, expense management) and an understanding of risk, controls, and compliance.
- Continual Improvement and Innovation – Passion for continual improvement and process design; seeks new ways to improve effectiveness, quality, and compliance.
- Stakeholder Management – Confident and clear communication and relationship building skills, with the ability to influence leaders / SMEs, and drive progress and decision making.
- Business Knowledge – Well-versed in the processes and tools that drive Technology resource and financial management including, Clarity, Ariba, Business Vendor Management, VIVAR, MyInfo and Ops Excellence.
- Results Oriented – Track record of driving results across multiple channels and initiatives.
- Proactive Nature – Ability to work autonomously and proactively to drive results.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 11:43:03 AM