American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. American Express is unique in the payments industry as an issuer of cards as well as a worldwide network that processes millions of merchant transactions daily. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies and large corporations.
With 160 years of innovation behind us, our future could not look more promising. We're moving faster than ever and introducing new products, services, and strategies to bring greater value to our business customers. Their success expands our success, so we put heart and soul into helping them achieve results that exceed all expectations.
Global Commercial Services (GCS) is a core operating group of American Express and has delivered robust growth over the past decade. GCS partners with corporate clients to help them manage travel expenses and make large purchases through a proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools. The Middle Market Sales & Business Development is focused on acquiring and growing American Express business with US companies with annual revenue of $4M-$300M.
- Drive New Sales from prospective clients, Expansions and Cross-Sales from a pool of existing high-priority clients with annual revenue of $4M - $300M in primary and secondary markets
- Achieve Expansion/Cross-Sale charge volume targets
- Execute a transactional sales cycle
- Sell core American Express solutions
- Spend significant time identifying opportunities, ensuring set-up/ card issuing, and managing expansion signings through the first 13 months of charge volume
- Sell with integrity and appropriately track prospect data to ensure a coordinated and consistent client experience, in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements
- Demonstrating value
- Proactively and consistently demonstrates the value of partnering with American Express, highlighting key pillars of the value proposition
- Documents and communicates the ROI of growth opportunities, identifying benefits and synergies with current products
- Gains a commitment from the client to move forward by asking for the business and successfully managing objections
- Overcomes objections and resistance to proposed solutions with key client decision makers and mobilizes them to action
- Results focus
- Demonstrates a competitive, positive, “driven” attitude, quickly adapts to different situations, and recovers from setbacks
- Proactively focuses on results, outcomes, and achievements, persistently overcoming obstacles as they arise
- Influence & persuasion
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/or services
- Utilizes innovativeness and compelling rationale to overcome complex client barriers, enabling mutually-beneficial outcomes
- Account management & pipeline management
- Co-manages a pipeline of opportunities, leveraging client data/analytics to plan and prioritize activities within large portfolios
- Leverages lead sources to identify opportunities and proactively schedule appointments with clients
- Consultative selling
- Effectively identifies client needs to configure solutions that address client requirements and deliver value
- Positions products and services to meet specific client needs and solicits feedback about the value of proposed solutions
- Market, industry, & product knowledge
- Understands at a tactical level market/industry key competitors, challenges, terminology, technology, trends, and regulation
Bachelors Degree required
Must reside in Houston
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 4:59:47 PM