You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The core of American Express is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. Product leaders build digital experiences - from payments to rewards to servicing - that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From servicing and lifestyle features to secure, streamlined payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry.
Amex Digital Labs is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead and own mobile payments initiatives. Amex Digital Labs is responsible for catalyzing digital innovation at American Express by originating, incubating, and leading emerging products and platforms that can be crucial to our customers’ lives. We emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation. Focus areas include crafting industry-leading digital payment solutions, using our outstanding servicing network and lifestyle assets to build digital experiences, and defining new products and services based on emerging technologies and trends. This is a fast-paced team driving the development of digital payment solutions and partner experiences at American Express.
The person taking this role will define product features, shape the customer experience, articulate and deliver requirements, lead customer testing and evolve the product backlog primarily for a mobile payment product. The Senior Manager will represent the product with internal and external audiences, acting as the main point of contact with any partner product teams. Product Managers at American Express play a central role identifying customer needs, building unique experiences, and leading teams across the company to launch digital products.
- Define new product features, scope, and functions
- Partner with engineering and design to define user stories, guide product definition, and conduct user testing
- Collaborate with internal teams to shepherd your product through the development process, advocating to create the best outcomes
- Coordinate across teams to launch products and features, managing in-market products post-launch
- Obtain feedback on the product, using data, analytics, and customer input, to iterate and drive improvements in future releases
- Define the product roadmap and prioritize the backlog
- Lead product relationship with partners, merchants, and vendors
- Maintain pulse on external digital product development trends and marketplace dynamics to inform continuous product evolution
- Enthusiasm for exceptional products and services, able to empathize with customers, and skilled at articulation of product functionality
- Understanding of tech and product development processes, known as a business person who can speak both tech and business languages
- Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities with an entrepreneurial mindset and bias toward action
- Determination to get to the best outcome for our customers, both Card Members and Merchants
- Detail oriented, able to identify key questions, make product decisions and assess how pieces of the puzzle interact and affect the overall project
- Recognize issues quickly and determine how to get a resolution through creative and effective problem solving
- Excellent communication skills across distributed and global teams with ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Highly organized, taking individual initiative and accountability for getting results
- Preferred, but not required, experience in new product development, product management, or similar role.
- Preferred, but not required, experience working with external partners / strategic partnerships
- Passion for mobile product and technology; particular desire to learn more about, or have prior experience in digital payments would be beneficial
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 3:02:29 PM