American Express is a leading global payments, network, and travel company, backed by one of the world's most recognized brands. We offer the broadest array of charge, credit, prepaid and co brand cards for consumers, small businesses, midsize companies, large corporations and many of the biggest companies in the world. The American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) business unit is the global leader in providing payments solutions for Small, Medium and Large businesses. GCS partners with corporate clients to help them manage travel expenses and make purchases through proprietary payment solutions and expense management tools.
If you are ready for more than just a job, are not afraid of embracing challenges and setting and exceeding big goals, American Express invites you to share your resume to be considered for future opportunities on our newly created Global Business Development Team.
The Director New Business Development will be responsible on acquiring new-to-franchise T&E and supplier payment business across our large and most strategic customers in US markets within our Global Commercial Services (GCS) division.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive New Sales from prospective clients with annual revenue of +$1B in primary and secondary markets of the Central Region.
- Partner with sales leaders across various sales and account management segments to implement multi-market payment solutions.
- Lead strategic selling in alignment with compliance and internal partner business requirements.
- Develop and execute a growth strategy, adapting plans and priorities to address resource/operational requirements.
- Achieve New Sales CV Targets
- Execute a transactional sales cycle
- Sell core and supplier payments American Express solutions
- Spend significant time identifying opportunities, ensuring set-up/ card issuing, and managing expansion signings through the first 19 months of Booked Charge Volume
- Advanced analytical skills to bring concepts to life through data
- Proven track record in Fintech and/or B2B sales negotiations, leadership and closing skills with Fortune 1000 companies.
- Hunter mentality
- Proven track record in sales negotiations, leadership and closing skills with Fortune 1000 companies.
- Strong understanding of complexities, nuances, and opportunities in payments industry across a variety of global markets.
- Thorough knowledge of successful consultative selling techniques within Procurement, Treasury and Finance related to supply payments.
- Extensive experience with complex sales planning and execution.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Leverages lead sources to identify opportunities and proactively schedule warm account review appointments with prospects
- Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to gain acceptance for products and/ or services
- Exceptional thought leadership, strategic thinking skills and project management aptitude.
- Outstanding presentation and negotiation skills and ability to interface and influence at the most senior levels.
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills
- Ability to travel as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MBA preferred
- Location: Virtual within the Central Regions (Preferred Areas, but not limited to Minneapolis, Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee)
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 3, 2021, 1:47:11 PM