The Manager – Deal Execution Center of Excellence (COE) is a part of the American Express Ventures team, to be based in New York, NY. The Amex Ventures team plays a key role in developing and executing long-term corporate strategic initiatives which contribute to American Express’ market leadership and growth. The team invests in innovative startups to accelerate American Express’ efforts in consumer commerce, B2B services and to enhance enterprise capabilities. This role will act as a dedicated operational excellence function, which will focus on deal execution and process optimization.
In this exciting opportunity, the incumbent will be an integral part of the Ventures group by formalizing deal execution and deal structuring processes. The position will lead the development & ongoing management of a center of excellence that will facilitate scalable growth of the investment portfolio. The role also includes the execution of venture investment opportunities.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for managing a center of excellence for deal execution processes used by the team
- Seek out best practices in market to improve processes and form a deep understanding of Amex investment requirements through collaboration with internal partners
- Develop resources & playbooks on deal terms, structures, and processes
- Manage relationships with internal and external deal partners
- Actively involved in the execution of new venture investments
- Responsible for managing and reporting on the active pipeline
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring and managing relationships with investment companies and the investment portfolio review process
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the Ventures Portfolio database and support Finance / Legal / Compliance teams
- The role is a multi-faceted one and requires both process development, analytical, and interpersonal skill sets
- 4-6 years previous experience in fields requiring deal execution, cross-functional collaboration, and a financial background
- Ability to develop & implement repeatable processes with the goal of driving efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders and to collaborate with others to drive results
- Comfortable reviewing and interpreting legal agreements
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Financial and analytical skills; note a technical assessment will be administered as part of the interview process
- Interest in FinTech and startup investing
- Bachelor’s degree required
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 2:07:04 PM