The U.S. Partnerships team within Merchant Services is tasked with making American Express “Welcomed Everywhere and Used Every Day.” Through innovative programs such as OptBlue and growing relationships with strategic Merchant Acquirers and Payment Aggregators our partnerships are transforming how American Express is accepted and welcomed across the U.S.
This role is responsible for managing a U.S. portfolio of partnerships which accounts for over $15B in annual American Express spend. For more information on OptBlue visit our merchant landing page https://www.americanexpress.com/us/merchant/optblue.html
These relationships are significant, complex, and critical to achieving American Express’s strategic objectives for Merchant acceptance. In this role, you will be required to manage our partner relationships by working across a broad set of areas and teams both within American Express and with our partners. The successful candidate will also be responsible for leading more tactical growth opportunities to unlock and implement initiatives with the partners across their sales and marketing organizations to drive American Express merchant coverage and spend on the network.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Key lead for business development discussions, negotiations and managing the overall partner relationships for assigned portfolio of partners.
- Deepen senior level relationships with partners to help strategically position American Express and help grow and maintain a robust sales pipeline across all partner sales channels.
- Internal point of contact for other American Express groups including International Partner Management groups, Marketing, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Servicing and others that work with these partners.
- Partner with Marketing and Analytics to design and implement initiatives that increase merchant activation, drive welcomed acceptance and deliver incremental value to our partners.
- Project manage new partner launches by working closely with internal stakeholders and partner leads to ensure successful and timely launches.
- Excellent client relationship skills with demonstrated ability to influence C-level executives at business partners.
- Self-starter with strong sales mentality and ability to think creatively and strategically in a world of evolving payment innovations.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to work through complex business and operational opportunities to identify clear action plans, drive resolution and to do so in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in leading contract negotiations.
- Ability to present effectively to large audiences.
- Excellent oral/written communication including use of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills including use of Microsoft Excel.
- Background and understanding of the payment’s ecosystem preferrable.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2021, 6:07:05 PM