“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices.
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation.
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Leading a team of engineers that delivers knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide.
- 8+ years of Software Development experience, with Production support or Ops experience a plus (not critical).
- Preferably a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, or both.
- Strong Oracle PL/SQL and Unix Shell Scripting development and troubleshooting skills.
- Deep code analysis and refactoring skills with the goal being proactive platform improvement.
- Proven experience in automating and optimizing development work flows.
- Expert Java; fluency with Java 8 streams.
- Fluent scripting languages, Fluent UNIX, Automation tools.
- Familiarity with Time Series Databases, monitoring, instrumentation, observability tools and concepts.
- Ability to perform Root Cause Analysis and determine short term and long term fixes extremely fast.
- Ability to communicate problems/issues across multiple levels of leadership and obtain concurrence on go-forward approach quickly for time-critical issues.
- String onshore/offshore coordination skills.
- Ability to drive code review and change review sessions to ensure changes are of acceptable quality.
- Good understanding of Change Management, Problem Management and Incident Management processes a plus.
- Ability to effectively interpret Technical and Business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions.
- Willingness to learn new Technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential.
At the core of Software Engineering every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 3, 2021, 2:24:55 PM