American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space and subsequently continues to be an exciting and fast-growing business. The Global Pricing, Performance & Insights (PPI) team within GCS is instrumental in leading data driven insights to elevate customer engagement, accelerate sales and drive profitable charge volume growth for the organization.
This role offers the opportunity to be part of this dynamic organization. The individual reporting to the PPI manager will play a critical role in supporting data-driven projects to enhance business decision-making process by providing statistical and analytical recommendations across multiple GCS teams. This position will support the development and implementation of statistical modeling techniques to provide consultative support to many stakeholders including GCS leadership team. This person will work very closely with tech, performance and insights teams to optimize processes to drive growth in the GCS organization.
Key responsibilities include:
- Statistical modeling and data research: Develop algorithms and statistical models to provide key summaries and recommendations by manipulating broken data. Do data research to identify key tables and variables in our big data environment to enhance and automate current processes.
- Provide statistical and data support to our business partners to enable insightful analysis to power up strategies across all markets.
- Deliver predictive and prescriptive analytics and deep insights to drive performance and profitability across sales and AD teams.
We are looking for:
- Statistical knowledge: Strong knowledge in statistical modeling techniques and machine learning algorithms.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to identify opportunities to initiate analysis that creates a positive impact on business. Ability to innovate and challenge status quo
- Results Oriented: High level of accountability and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail. Proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities, multiple demands, and rapid change.
- Good communicator: Ability to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical audience and present advanced analytics to multiple stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Strong relationships: Collaboration with multiple partners like tech, finance, performance and insights, data governance teams will be essential.
- Experience leading projects using large amounts of data
- Strong communication and relationship building skills: Superior ability to communicate effectively and clearly to broad audience across regions/levels/ business units.
- Strong knowledge in Machine Learning Algorithms and proficiency in SQL, Hive, Python, others.
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management tools (One.Force, other)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Powe Point)
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Data Science, Analytics or equivalent
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience on data science and big data environments.
- Visualization tools like Tableau is strongly preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 3, 2021, 2:49:17 PM