General Counsel’s Organization:
Where great legal minds influence global business strategy.
Our mission is to protect and strengthen American Express through legal expertise and strategic advice that helps our business partners manage risk, identify opportunities, and deliver on the company’s promise of exceptional products and services. Given the dynamic nature of the global payments industry and the valued partnership between our team and the business, we see it as imperative to attract and develop talented people by:
- Providing rich work experiences and opportunities for professional development
- Recognizing and rewarding those who drive and deliver results
- Respecting and valuing diversity, integrity, and personal accountability
Role & Responsibilities:
Help propel your team and its business partners to success.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Oversee all administrative and logistical matters related to the functioning of the American Express National Bank Board of Directors and Board Committees
- Maintain best-in-class governance processes for the Board and Committees
- Serve as a primary point of contact for Board members during Board meetings
- Manage the process for the assembly, distribution, and retention of Board and Committee meeting materials
- Draft communications to be sent to members of the Board and senior management with respect to Board matters
- Help to create Board and Committee calendars and schedules
- Support responses to requests from the Bank’s regulators
- Maintain key corporate documents and records
- Manage the process for all payments to Board Members
- Manage the process for tracking Board and Committee meeting attendance
- Provide additional support to the AENB Corporate Secretary and the AXP Corporate Secretary as may be required from time to time
Are you ready for the challenge?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills and executive presence
- Demonstrated ability to act diplomatically and respectfully when communicating with key internal and external customers and individuals of varying levels
- Highly organized with an ability to demonstrate keen attention to details, adaptability, flexibility, resourcefulness, and efficiency
- High level of integrity required for handling sensitive and confidential information
- Superior time management and multi-tasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to spot problems before they arise, find solutions, and provide timely follow-through on projects
- Strong interpersonal relationship and networking skills to build and maintain effective professional relationships across all areas of the organization
- Strong proficiency with MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to create PowerPoint and other presentations as needed
- Experience with Boardvantage
- Willingness to become a notary
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10285
- Travel: Little to none
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 10:01:22 AM