“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Are you passionate about creating the world’s best customer experience and winning in the digital economy? Do you want to accelerate our digital transformation by connecting the dots between business strategy, customer journeys, disruptive technologies, capabilities, and platforms?
We are a highly strategic team with a core objective to drive a cohesive platform strategy to align our capabilities across all company platforms to our 3 to 5-year strategy, emerging & disruptive trends, and enterprise business & customer needs. This includes forming recommendations to 1) invest in new strategic and emerging capabilities (including build vs. buy analysis), 2) rationalize redundant capabilities and 3) enhance/mature existing capabilities across all platforms to drive our business model evolution, growth, and innovation.
As the Senior Manager, Platform Strategy you will:
- Understand how American Express’ enterprise strategy and future state business model is enabled through customer journeys, capabilities, mergers & acquisitions, and emerging/disruptive technologies.
- Build an enterprise, customer-centric capability model connecting the dots between business strategy, customer journeys/value streams, services/APIs and platforms.
- Form impactful and actionable recommendations to drive our business model evolution, growth and innovation though enterprise-wide capability investment, rationalization and enhancement.
- Challenge the status quo and solve problems creatively; using your toolbox of techniques such as Design Thinking, scenario modeling, use case development, journey mapping, business capability modeling, etc.
- Lead through influence, often without direct authority, persuading with compelling data, facts, and conclusions.
- Collaborate effectively and build key relationships with Business Strategy, Product, Customer Experience, Engineering and Architecture teams.
- Help build an awesome culture through team building and colleague engagement activities.
- At least 3 years' experience in Product Strategy & Development, Tech Strategy, Digital Transformation, Customer Experience, Mergers & Acquisitions, and/or Business & Technology Architecture disciplines.
- Robust Consulting, Business & Tech Architecture toolkit that includes customer-centric design & innovation (e.g., Design Thinking), customer journey mapping, architecture principles, capability modeling, etc.
- Strong understanding of modern Architectural principles and ability to understand system design & develop Technology flows and diagrams for Senior leadership.
- Knowledge of the payments, commerce, FinTech innovation, disruptive technologies & trends, and integrating newly acquired start-ups.
- Ability to influence without authority and demonstrated track record for driving results and transformation across multiple lines of business.
- Ability to connect seemingly separate conversations, internal and external data, and primary research to identify opportunities or manage against potential risks or business challenges.
- Ability to operate in ambiguity, white space, and evolving priorities.
- Proficient in developing excellent quality presentations and deliverables for an executive audience.
- Experience with AXP platforms & technologies preferred.
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other Technical discipline.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 9:54:27 AM