Global Merchant Services (GMS) Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and redefining how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate Merchant acceptance and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to Merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of Merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
This is a highly visible and exciting opportunity to join the US Merchant Marketing team. In this role you will be responsible for helping Client Managers (CLM’s) and Marketers articulate the value of accepting American Express to Merchants by developing compelling Merchant facing collateral for field teams across all Merchant segments (small to global). It will be critical to form a close partnership with the Client Management organization and collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and several other partner organizations including Industry Development, Marketing Operations, Pricing, Merchant Interactive, Analytics, Merchant Satisfaction and Training to provide materials that help strengthen our partnerships and drive business growth.
- Cultivate deep partnerships with Client Managers and across the marketing team to develop innovative collateral that supports business priorities, while positioning Client Managers as industry leaders with vision during Merchant conversations.
- Lead B2C Value Story Marketing Strategy. Help CLM’s, fellow marketers, Marketing Consultants and other Business Development partners articulate the value of Amex acceptance. Engage creative agencies to develop strategic content in partnership with key partners for use in scalable merchant facing collateral for Client meetings. Content includes but is not limited to pitch deck slides, videos and one-pagers.
- Partner with external research firm to plan, develop and secure approval for marketing insights about the competitive value of the Amex Card member.
- Serve as the marketing PMO and key partner to the Merchant Experience team to support NPS survey participation across the Merchant base. Develop collateral and communication strategy to reinforce the value of acceptance.
- Develop roadmap to support our conversations with Merchants in priority consumer industries. Source and publish industry-specific trends and insights from 3rd party sources and partner with product teams to develop holistic, industry-specific materials to field teams.
- Bring the value of Merchant Membership to life through field collateral that empowers CLM’s to easily speak to the value a Merchant receives simply for accepting American Express.
- Own the American Express Enterprise Value Story that highlights key focus areas and points of differentiation that are meaningful to merchants. Create Client Manager materials on a global scale where applicable.
- Partner with the issuing teams to understand the roadmap for value injection and package up the value being delivered to Merchants for Client Managers to playback in their Merchant conversations.
- Outstanding project management and interpersonal skills and ability to multi-task with great follow-up and attention to detail.
- Natural collaborator and excellent influencer who enjoys working with and through others to drive the success of a team to get results across multiple business units and partners
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate through various written mediums, presentations, training sessions, etc.
- Strong executive presence and the ability to communicate effectively will all levels of management
- Known for exhibiting strong growth approach, being proactive and comfortable acting with autonomy
- Standout colleague with a willingness to have fun
- Significant marketing strategy, content development and partnership management experience
- Proven analytical and strategic thinking skills as it relates to content development
- Experience working in a highly collaborative, matrixed environment and developing relationships across organizational boundaries
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 12:22:20 PM