American Express Careers
Senior Data Architect - Python, Hive, Mapr
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
With more than 5M surveys received from customers every year across the consumer, commercial and merchant space, the Customer Listening team within the GSN Global Services Group is responsible for managing the end to end Voice of the Customer process. This process includes design and programming of the customer experience surveys which consist of 40+ studies translated in over 10 languages and delivered in more than 20 countries.
The Senior Developer will support the transformation and innovation of the end to end Voice of the Customer process. Among the responsibilities of the role include: support the development and maintenance of the new Voice of the Customer process sourced from Cornerstone and integrated with the survey and dashboard platform hosted by Qualtrics our VOC survey vendor. This person will work closely with product and process owners, subject matter experts from Qualtrics and the agile team in Technologies.
• Developing understanding of Voice of the Customer processes and leveraging the same to define and transform the data in Cornerstone.
• Design and build robust data model architecture to support optimal data processing and standardized metric definitions.
• Enable Big Data and batch/ real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Pig etc) to deliver innovative solutions ensuring data quality and accuracy through intensive testing at variable and use case level.
• Provide recommendations to enhance capabilities to drive efficiencies in computing applications using Big Data ecosystem.
• Drive user story analysis & elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing & builds automation tools
• Proactively identify and automate manual tasks to improve quality and efficiency.
• Role involves to work closely with partners from GSN and AET to prioritize, define, develop and test the data for various use cases as part of the VOC end to end process.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
• Candidate should have 3-5 years of experience
• Experience working on Hadoop distribution, such as Mapr, HBase in Hive for 2+ years
• Should have experience in UNIX shell scripting
• Strong programming experience in Python/ Py spark for 1 year
• Must be proficient with general RDBMS skills
• API experience a plus
• Strong quantitative skills with a solid understanding of probability and statistics a big plus
• Strong background with data visualization and reporting
• Ability to influence and lead others and effectively communicate with internal and external business partners
• Creative problem solving (innovative) with excellent technical and analytical aptitude
• Self-starter with a curiosity and appetite for new technology
• Teamwork & ability to multi-task
• Excellent communication skills
Shift: 1 pm to 10 pm
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Jul 9, 2019, 6:15:16 PM