American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Account Protection Specialist - American Express
American Express’s mission is to be world’s most respected service brand. Global Servicing Network protects American Express' assets by minimizing credit and fraud losses at best-in-class levels. We utilize outstanding techniques, ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements, and provide superior service to improve customer and shareholder value. We will accomplish this by having the most talented teams who are supported by best-in-class capabilities and processes.
This position is responsible for providing excellent service to our valued U.S. card members whose accounts have potential fraud activity.
- As an Account Protection Specialist you will be responsible for building relationships with our customers. This role will involve making outbound or inbound calls, in order to identify fraudulent charges.
- The role also involves reviewing fraud claims from Card members, and servicing transaction level credit and fraud related inbound calls from merchants
- Making a pro-active attempt to identify fraudulent charges via inbound and outbound calls.
- Answer inbound calls from Card members and set up/action fraud cases on calls
- Review fraud claims from Card members. Upon review, a decision needs to be made to either accept the claim from the Card member or reject it for payment of the balance owed and eventually making a contact with the merchant through correspondence. Subsequently, necessary maintenance to the account is required, to send appropriate correspondence and make financial adjustments to either parties and notate the account.
- Service transaction level credit and fraud related inbound calls from merchants and card members
- Detect and minimize credit and fraud risk whilst enabling profitable spend at the same time
- Real time, transaction level credit and fraud risk assessments
- Point of Sale (POS) approval
- Charge reversals
- Resolve cases within the assigned empowerment limit
- Please note, salary increases in case of a lateral move are provided only on an exception basis and in line with compensation guidelines.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Has a proven ability to provide exceptional customer service to our card members/merchants, by demonstrating empathy, building rapport, active listening and showing understanding
- Utilize their knowledge of products and service to provide positive solutions
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make accurate decisions
- Communicates in a professional manner, leading the conversations with the card members/merchants towards a mutually beneficial outcome
- Drives results, gains personal satisfaction from achieving quality outcomes for the organization
- Can provide quality service within specified department targets
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Good time management and prioritizing of tasks
- Ability to work within a busy and demanding team environment
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time