American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer - Digital Payments
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to work on API development on the mobile payments solutions that will be used by tens of millions of cardholders around the world. We want someone who is super creative and enjoys solving tough problems. You should be able to come up with brilliant solutions that no one else can, and be obsessive about API design and user experience.
You’ll be part of the Digital Payments Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Payments Engineering’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. The products will range from new payment vehicles and partnerships with other payment entities to interactive mobile experiences.
This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile environment within a Fortune 100 company where you can directly impact real $$$$ in revenue growth and operational savings. You will get a chance to interact with the apples and googles of the world. Your primary responsibilities will be to work on a team of engineers in developing mobile products. You’ll work with product managers to help define product direction, provide thought leadership on emerging technologies and create best of breed mobile and mobile web experiences that will set the standard for future development. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
This is an opportunity to work on the latest mobile technologies and influence how millions of people interact with their cards, their merchants and their money.
Perform hands-on architecture, design, development, code review and testing.
- Serve as a member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools.
- Evaluate new tools and technologies that can be adapted to complement the development process.
- Act as a mentor for the other team members and guide them in proper coding practice, review and approve code before it is released.
- Utilize best of breed technologies to build a layered, component-based, service-oriented architecture over existing American Express technologies.
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive,"can-do" attitude in a fast moving environment.
- Foster the spirit of collaboration across multiple internal teams.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue Visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 7+ years of equivalent experience in related disciplines.
- Demonstrated technical capabilities and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders.
- Worked in a product company.
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in payments domain
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Through understanding of data structures, algorithms and OOP.
- Understanding of RESTful API design principles.
- Experience working in high-performing development teams using agile methodologies and tools.
- Expertise in using mobile frameworks like push notification, finger print detection.
- Experience in multi-threaded programming.
- Thorough understanding of XML, JSON, Web Services technologies and data structure fundamentals.
- Thorough understanding of testing and automation capabilities such as mocking frameworks, JUNIT, TESTNG, Jenkins, Git, Stash, JIRA.
- Exposure to NO SQL is a plus.
- Should be familiar with atleast one open source stack.
- Experience with relevant Cryptography technologies, EMV, Mag Stripe, and Card payment processes are a plus.
- Proven record of design and development of mobile applications in an Enterprise setting is a plus.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf