American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
- Manages delivery of technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, quality assurance, and third parties.
- Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan and execute the development schedule for major product releases
- Monitors team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Monitors project activities and performance across resource channels
- Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third parties
- Manages, and appropriately escalates, delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
- Applies judgment and discretion on when to raise issues versus work through issues with the team
- Resolves issues precluding engineers from making progress against sprints and deadlines
- Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented
- Embodies “Rebel with a cause” mentality by looking beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Discuss code strategy, contribute to architecture discussions, and review API specs
- Architectural understanding of 3rd party licensed vendor application software and infrastructure
- PMI or Scrum Master certification
- Experience using Rally agile delivery management platform
- Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality
- Experience managing project budgets and reporting
- Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
- 1+ years of technical project management experience is preferred
- Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
Educational requirement: BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience
- Experience with web services as well as SOA concepts is a plus
- Experience in Contact Center domain is preferred
- Experience with Java application design and development in an enterprise setting
- Understanding of XML, JSON , and Web Services technologies, and data structure fundamentals
- Knowledge of objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility