American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer II
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
Ever wondered what it takes to build a highly available, global scale enterprise wide private Paas/Iaas cloud platform with an Open Source technology stack and to achieve up-times SLA of Amazon, Google and Force.com?
Then you should consider this innovative and disruptive opportunity where you can be a key transformative contributor to a rock star engineering team which will deliver the next generation enterprise application platform (PaaS/IaaS) for American Express. In this role, you will gain experience in building a scalable, secure, Highly available infrastructure and platform-as-a-service (PaaS/IaaS) by using a variety of technologies such as OpenStack and OpenShift and get exposure to open source projects such as Google Kubernetes, Google Go, Docker and Vagrant, Hadoop 2.0, Spark, Storm. You will work with a variety of programming languages such as Java, Node.js and Fuse to enable mobile payment, web application and analytic developments. You will work with best Continuous Integration and Continuous Deploy tools to automate integration of Continuous delivery with IaaS/PaaS.
Furthermore, you will contribute to build developer and DevOps friendly tools that allow monitoring, diagnosing and debugging of the platform services and its hosted applications and you will design and implement a continuous platform delivery release model which enables high availability of services during platform releases and upgrades.
- Owns technical aspects of software development
- Performs hands-on architecture, design and development of systems
- Develops deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms
- Writes code and unit tests, works on API specs, automation, and conducts code reviews and testing
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
- Works closely with product owners on feature sets that impact multiple platforms and products
- Works with product owners to prioritize features for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience in software development in any: Java, Python, node.js
- Linux experience, ideally contributed to open source projects
- Experience with design and implementation of distributed applications
- Familiar with agile or other rapid application development methods (Continuous Delivery)
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and to articulate solutions
- Ability to think abstractly and deal with problems
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Looks proactively beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
- Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies, and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we continue seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow. The world’s a big place, filled with big ideas and amazing people. And we want the best of them here at American Express. We’re interested in where you came from, but we’re even more excited about where you will go with American Express.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).