Senior Manager, Digital Product Development
Global Merchant Services Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
It is also critical for GMS Marketing to collaborate effectively with Card Issuing teams and other sister organizations across the Blue Box including Client Management, Marketing Operations, Information Management, Enterprise Digital, Global Advertising and Brand Management and World Service in order to fully harness the power of the closed loop via mediums including Custom Consulting, Offers, Recommendations, Multi-Merchant Campaigns, Digital Experiences and Brand Awareness.
Global Merchant Interactive sits within GMS Marketing and is responsible for the merchant website, a global platform that enables merchants of all sizes to seamlessly manage their business while showcasing the value of American Express card acceptance. We are on a mission to digitally transform our suite of B2B products for merchants (any business that accepts American Express, from small business owners to large global corporations) and we are doing this by also transforming the way we operate by enabling user-centric design, lean strategic principles and flawless agile delivery.
Within this group, we are looking for a Senior Manager – Digital Product Development to drive our platform vision globally. This is a great opportunity for someone to become part of an exciting and fast-paced team that is leading the adoption of user-centered design and shaping user experience/Agile/SAFe best practices at American Express. As an Agile product owner, you will be responsible for prioritization, implementation, and analysis of customer-facing digital products with a focus on driving conversions, engagement, and overall customer satisfaction. You will work with designers and developers to constantly find and test improvements with high customer impact. You will also be directly responsible for defining and implementing our global site content management strategy.
- Develop product/feature vision and evangelize across organization with key business stakeholders
- Create and maintain product and feature roadmaps, and manage prioritization and tradeoffs
- Research and specify new site features, and enhancements to existing features
- Lead and participate in agile planning rituals
- Monitor, conduct analysis and evaluate the impact of experiments using a combination of web analytics, user analysis, user surveys, and internal tools
- Liaise with designers, developers, and other product owners to:
- Achieve the optimal implementation of changes to the site
- Understand how features may be improved
- Investigate refer/resolve bugs that are reported for the website
- Understand how changes will impact other products & features
- Document the details and impact of experiments and new features
- Partner with the Enterprise content management team to migrate and integrate a roadmap for the merchant website
- Optimize SEO by implementing keyword and tagging strategies to support content on americanexpress.com/merchant
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external partners, including Technologies, Marketing, Global Servicing Network, Client Managers, and Agency partners, to drive our product strategy and development
This person will have a strong focus on the customer (external/internal), a strategic and creative mindset, attention to detail, and a proactive approach to identifying customer needs and areas for opportunity. Effective communication, ability to work with a large group of stakeholders, and excellent collaboration skills are a must.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Strong digital product management/development, web content strategy, and/or web producer background
- Proven success in shipping products and services in a high-growth environment
- Have the technical & experience design aptitude to quickly grasp complex technical issues and to communicate directly with developers
- Experience integrating and using content management platforms for website content development
- Experience working with large, high-traffic websites
- Understanding of SEO
- Data driven, proactive, creative and innovative, with a focus on customer and quality
- Excellent partnership skills with the ability to collaborate with and influence internal and external partners, a must
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Must have a “can do” attitude towards problem solving and an ability to work well within a cross-functional team
- Minimum of 5 years experience in digital product management, preferred
- Experience with agile methodologies (SCRUM) and tools (Rally), preferred
- Experience with A/B or Multivariate testing, preferred
- Ability to travel (10%)