American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Director Information Security
- The candidate will Program Manage the Enterprise Data Protection Program.
- The candidate with run the Program Management Office for the multiyear program. Candidate will be expected to run a large scale matrixed program.
- Must be able to communicate at the executive level in addition to providing technical knowledge and architectural design guidance at a platform or application level.
- The candidate will manage application and capability rollout.
- Director level individual contributor who may lead a small team of Program managers and Senior Software Engineers that will act as program management and be technical enabler to prioritize capabilities for application teams and ensure capabilities are meeting the prioritized application requirements. Other Responsibilities may include:
- Oversee the roll out of solutions that provide new services or leverage existing services that can be extended and reused across a portfolio to ensure the protection of sensitive information
- Ensure architecture is consistent with enterprise architecture standards, guidelines and principles
- Manage end-to-end engineering and delivery oversight for multiple solutions
- Cultivate an environment of continuous engineering and process improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Recruit IT professionals with business and industry experience, and develop, reward and energize a competent, effective team within the technology organization.
- Identify and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce.
- Manage and/or lead software development teams, obtaining necessary resources, acting as an escalation point and removing impediments to achieve goals and objectives
- Work with engineering teams to ensure that implementations are aligned with the Technical Platform’s Blueprint specifications
- Work with Staff Architects to define solution requirements and technical implementation approach
- Contribute to planning and execution of the technology direction, develop architecture and influence implementation to gain measurable business improvements
- Frequently interface with other functional teams' leadership and engineers to align and leverage solutions.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed technical environment
- Proven ability working in large Scale Enterprise programs 8+ years of program management including cost, scope and schedule in a complex environment
- Demonstrated ability to influence subject matter expertise with other architects and engineers to gain cooperation for projects and initiatives within own function or domain
- Understanding of core information security issues, standards, threats, and preventive technologies and methodologies Agile Practices Software Configuration Programming/Software Development Solution Architecture.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the"EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf