American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Portfolio Manager, Collections
- This role will lead a group of ~20 employees in Internal Collections as well as Operations team to meet expected levels of productivity & governance along with managing 3rd party Call & Collect and Specialty partners in the region.
- The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing strategies aimed at maximizing Collections effectiveness and minimizing operational risk.
- Working closely with and under the guidance of the Director of Collections for the region,, the incumbent will provide thought leadership on all collection matters, conduct regular reviews to proactively identify trends and take timely actions to mitigate impact to performance.
Key responsibilities include
- Adopt a hands-on approach to drive best in class Collections performance.
- Provide thought leadership and drive initiatives to maximize returns through best-in-class collection economics
- Collaborate with Risk Management, Credit and other functions to develop and implement improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within and outside the department
- Ensure 24 x7 audit readiness, compliance to regulatory & American Express norms and work to achieve satisfactory outcomes in audit
- Achieve high levels of employee engagement and motivation
- Lead, coach and develop team members and create an environment that helps attract and retain best in class talent
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
- Strong experience in credit / collections operations
- Highly developed analytical skills with strong attention to details
- Ability to lead, influence, and contribute at various levels of the business
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Proactive, solution oriented approach
- Excellent communications skills, ability to build and leverage relationships
- Ability to drive innovation and change in a fast moving environment
- Native level fluency in Japanese; business level English required
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time