American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Project Manager
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high-performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team!
You will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class Card member experiences across multiple channels, including native iOS, Android, web, social integration, java services, and APIs. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proof of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers.
Technical Project Manager who joins our Loyalty Technology team will be assigned to one of several exciting teams that are developing a new, nimble and modern loyalty platform which will support the key element of connecting with our customers where they are and how they choose to interact with American Express.
Be part of an enthusiastic, high performing technology team developing solutions to drive engagement and loyalty within our existing card member base and attract new customers to the Amex brand. We are seeking an innovative Technical Project Manager who will guide technology teams to ensure the quality delivery of applications and infrastructure components. The role will collaborate closely with business partners, Project Managers, Technical Engineers, Architects and Leadership, to ensure completeness and efficiency of solutions while ensuring adherence to standards.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Drives integrated teams to deliver technology solutions in support of key product initiatives by working closely with product owners, architects, engineers, and quality assurance
· Engages with stakeholders to understand business needs and identify appropriate solutions.
· Coordinates execution of development projects from initiation through release, utilizing SDLC methodologies and leveraging Agile/Scrum concepts.
· Works within and across business units to prioritize, plan, and execute the development schedule for major product releases.
· Adopts SDLC methods, Agile values, principles, and practices. Maintain dependency plan between planned sprints; organize and facilitate daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint.
· Manages and tracks team velocity, financials, and other KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
· Assigns development resources to activities and monitors performance across resource channels
· Maintains dependency plan between planned sprints across engineering, infrastructure, and third-parties
· Manages and appropriately escalates delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes tied to the product development initiatives
· May perform hands on reviews of product backlog, designs, code, test scripts and results in addressing delivery impediments or product quality issues.
· Tracks iteration progress, contributes to design discussions and issue resolution, and removes obstacles to ensure iteration commitments are met.
· Ensures deliverables across engineering teams are high quality and clearly documented
· Conducts daily stand-ups and retrospectives at the end of each sprint, and ensures that the team is continuously learning from the past
· Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
· This “rebel with a cause” looks beyond the obvious for continuous improvement opportunities
This high energy Technical Project Manager must have:
· Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
· 6+ years of technical project management experience
· Deep understanding of all aspects of software design with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
· Experience managing Agile, Scrum, or other rapid application development teams to deliver technology solutions on that meet customer expectations for timeliness and quality
· Experience managing project budgets and reporting while ensuring compliance with Rally and Agile delivery platform
· Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to effectively communicate across third parties and technical and business product managers
· Ability to get industry leading solutions to market efficiently and effectively
· Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity/under-defined problems, advocating for simplification, and influencing teams
· Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation
· Demonstrated willingness to learn new technologies and takes pride in how fast they develop working software
· PMI Certification is a plus
· Scrum Master Certification is a plus
· Experience using Rally agile delivery management platform is a plus
· Experience with object-oriented design and coding skills across a variety of platforms (JAVA, HTML5, BLAZE, DB2, XML and Mainframe) is a plus
· Experience with web services and Open API development, as well as SOA concepts is a plus
· Experience with payments technology and industry is a plus
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the "EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf