American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Engineering Director - Conversational and Contextual Commerce
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams in developing Conversational and Contextual Commerce applications across a variety of channels
- Partner with stakeholders across the new business to help define product direction, provide thought leadership on emerging technologies and create best of breed customer experiences
- Guide and motivate talented engineers who enjoy creating innovative solutions and thrive in fast paced environments
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence through consistent assessment, feedback, metrics and mentioning
- Set clear, specific and measurable goals for the team and drive with a bias to exceed customer expectations
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science with 12+ years of experience with increasing levels of responsibility and 5+ years leading engineering teams
- Prior leadership experience managing several software development teams concurrently with multi-disciplinary responsibilities including program/project management and QA
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and outstanding analytical and research skills with a keen ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems
- Creative and self-motivated strategic thinker with the ability to inspire confidence and collaborate closely with technology leaders and internal stakeholders
- Ability to represent American Express with external partners and technology companies with a bias towards delivering business results
- Team player with high standards and a passion for hiring and retaining the best engineering talent
- Commitment to software practices of continuous integration/delivery, automated/repeatable testing, devops and collaborative work environments
- High technical with strong knowledge of systems architecture and design, and developing scalable, highly available and low latency distributed systems
- Platform-first mindset with experience developing and operating large-scale high-throughput systems
- Change agent in touch with industry standards, technologies and trends while looking for opportunities to leverage them across the enterprise
- Preferred experience with chat bots, NLP/NLU, Alexa, Google Home, FBM, machine learning, deep learning, data mining techniques, XMPP, IoT
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law. Click here to view the"EEO is the Law" poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm and http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/EO13665_PrescribedNondiscriminationPostingLanguage_JRFQA508c.pdf