American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst - Risk Management II (Excel &VBA)
Description GCP continues to be a fast growing business. Accelerating growth momentum, increasing profitability, and powering up our value proposition are key objectives for GCP organization.
The Global Product Development & Operational Excellence (GPD & OPS) organization, within GCP, is instrumental in ensuring achievement of these objectives.
The Data, Strategy & Insights (DS&I) India team within GCP is instrumental in driving these objectives by providing actionable data driven insights and consultative solutions to corporate clients across the globe.
The open role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the GCP growth story in a dynamic, intellectually stimulating, open, fun and collaborative environment. The listed job is an exciting opportunity for supporting the Global Product Development & Operational Excellence organization and be a part of the Customer Analytics - journey at DS&I. If you seek challenge, have a strategic and analytical mindset, consider working with DS&I, American Express.
Job Specification :
• Consult with field/customer to identify best fit reporting solutions that help them be more consultative and drive entrenchment in the T&E & B2B space through consultative analysis & intuitive MI leveraging Amex Data
• Perform analysis on key customers (“premium servicing”) spend leveraging Amex Data to help maximize spend visibility, identify savings opportunities and recommend solutions to improve payment processes and help demonstrate the value of American Express data
• Provide analytical support to consulting engagements on Benchmarking, Preferred Supplier Programs, T & E and Purchasing Process, Policy Analysis and Performance Measurement Key Responsibilities
• Consult with field/customer to identify best fit reporting solutions that help them be more consultative and drive entrenchment in the T&E & B2B space through consultative analysis & intuitive MI leveraging Amex Data.
• Perform analysis on key customers(“premium servicing”) spend leveraging Amex Data to help maximize spend visibility, identify savings opportunities and recommend solutions to improve payment processes and help demonstrate the value of American Express data.
• Prepare customer facing presentations for the field to share with the customer.
• Producing reports/scorecard using multiple Amex data sources (Card, Travel)
• Producing reports to client’s needs including customized and hierarchy based reports.
• Ability to take direction to drive project deliverables to achieve results within a tight timeframe.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives, lead or support ongoing projects and provide consultative expertise focused on win-win solutions.
• Contribute to continuous improvement of Management Information, by expanding on our reporting capabilities through automation, consolidation of metrics / parameters, incorporating intuitive analysis and recommendation or by creating new intuitive MI etc.
• Comfortable operating and contributing to a team oriented environment with strong personal accountability, commitment and integrity with respect to all aspects of the role.
• Conceptual thinking skills and ability to identify and implement technical solutions to achieve process automation and improve group’s productivity
• Provide all the necessary analysis in an accurate and timely manner
• Work with peers to develop better procedures and client offerings, solve problems and investigate issues
• Maintain expected productivity/utilization goals
• Support/work with fellow team member in resolving customer issues.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks..
§ Extensive experience 3+years in hands-on of relationship management, data slicing, insights generation, consultative approach and report development using large volumes of granular data to deliver analytical solutions
§ Extensive experience using MS-Excel & MS Access for data manipulation and analysis. Good knowledge of VBA
§ Knowledge of BI Platforms R/MicroStrategy/SAS preferred
§ Broad knowledge of expense management, payments & procurement business environment (American Express MIS, data sources and product knowledge preferred).
§ Knowledge and application of statistical methods Qualifications:
§ Bachelors in quantitative field (e.g., Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Operations Research), M.S or MBA.
§ Excellent Project management, client management, verbal and written communication skills § A demonstrated ability to work in high-pressure situations with minimal errors
§ An optimistic and growth mindset with a tremendous will to win
§ Should be able to function with minimum supervision with high sense of ownership
§ Should be comfortable with flexible shift timings to support the international business This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time