American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Business Analytics
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
The Campaign Delivery Specialist is responsible for delivering campaigns to card members and merchants apart from being involved in assisting the marketing team with sizing analysis and data extraction.
Roles in the BSE CoE do B2B and B2C campaigns. B2B campaigns at American Express means doing campaigns for its merchant base globally while B2C campaigns target Card Members on behalf of the merchants.
This B2B role expects the individual to have great communication skills as it requires interfacing with global marketing partners on discussions and alignment on the deliverables. This individual will consult with both tech and marketing partners. While building campaigns, the role will consult with various data specialists to get an understanding of how to create custom data sets (i.e. retrieve, manipulate and store data). The job also requires consultation on campaign sizing and targeting segmentation to the marketing managers and potentially client managers/merchants.
This individual will need to be aware of the campaign life cycle and the role of different parties involved in delivering the campaign from conceptualization to market. An example of campaign life cycle would be a marketing manager would work with Merchant Partners/Product teams to develop targeting and segmentation criteria. This criteria request would be entered in a Requirement Gathering tool. The request is then received by the campaign delivery specialist who leads a clarifying discussion with the requestor and aligns on the deliverables of the campaign. Once the alignment is complete the request is executed with a standard campaign management tool and the file is shipped to the internal team / vendor in a secure manner for the actual drop.
The role also requires understanding of marketing concepts like creating test and control population for campaigns, direct marketing basics, Segmentation and Channel Strategy.
The job also involves working with other functional teams to access data elements, understand data being leveraged for campaigns and identify process improvement opportunities.
From a technical perspective, the individual should have exposure to a campaign management tool RedPoint, and/ or Epiphany and/or UNICA etc. Further, individual should also have SAS/ SQL skills
• Interface with client managers or marketing managers to align on marketing campaign objective
• Provide consultation on campaign sizing and targeting segmentation to the client manager, marketing managers and merchants
• Suggest and apply industry wide best practices on segmentation and campaign execution
• Develop and execute campaigns using RedPoint campaign management tool for B2B Campaigns
• Interface with third party vendors e.g. CheetahMail for successful delivery of file
• Interface with Campaign Analysis team to ensure segmentation will be measurable post campaign
• Utilize various tools for population Sizing, Segmentation , defining Mail vs Control
• Suggest recommended course of action for future campaign optimization
• Assist the client campaign execution team in tracking of
a. campaign projects
b. campaign analysis
c. ad hoc requests
• Utilize SAS/ SQL skills to do data analysis and provide business insights on campaign response data
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business or Analytical focus (e.g. Finance, Statistics, Math, Accounting or Economics) and/or Engineering plus three years’ work experience in relevant Industry and Domain
• Exposure to Campaign Management life cycle
• 1-3 years of experience on standard Campaign management tool preferably on RedPoint or one of the other such tools such as Epiphany and UNICA etc.
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Strong inter personal skills
• Equivalent combination of education, training and directly related experience
• Strong experience in analytical ability including statistical analysis
• Strong Skill in usage of Campaign tools , SAS, SQL, VBA for Excel, MS Office
• Strong experience with process improvement methodologies
• Exposure to Credit card domain would be a plus
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time