American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Engineer - Java/JEE
Be part of a fast-paced Digital Servicing team in Global Corporate Payment Technology responsible for building APIs and Services to deliver world-class customer experiences across multiple channels, including web, mobile, social integration. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, join our team.
- Serving as a core member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools
- Owning all technical aspects of software development (architecture, design and development of systems) for assigned applications
- Performing hands-on software development, typically spending about 50% of time writing code, API specs, doing proof of concepts, conducting code reviews and testing in ongoing sprints
- Driving consistent development practices - tools and common components
- Developing deep understanding of tie-ins with other systems and platforms within the supported domains
- Working with technical product managers contributing to blueprints, and assisting with annual planning of feature sets
- Identifying exciting opportunities for adopting new technology to solve existing needs and predicting future challenges
- Mentoring other engineersor these positions.
The following are the “must haves” for this role:
- Java, multi-threading experience
- RESTful API development experience
- Experience with continuous integration/deployment (Jenkins, Maven, XLR, Cobertura, Mockito, SOAPUI, JMeter).
- Demonstrated experience in Agile development, application design, software development, and testing
- Thorough understanding of XML,SOAP, JSON, web services technologies, and data structure fundamentals, with experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience with Java applications design and development in an Enterprise setting using Java, J2EE, node, Spring Boot, Relation DBMSs
- Expertise in objected oriented analysis and design across a variety of platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate to internal and external business partners on solution design
- Experience with a broad range of software languages and payments technologies is a plus
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time