American Express Campus Graduate – 2018 Marketing Summer Internship
Become part of the digital transformation and help revolutionize the financial services industry.
At American Express, we provide customers with access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. Our customers include our Cardmembers as well as the small businesses, merchants, corporations and bank partners that are all members of the dynamic American Express network. As a Marketing intern, you’ll have the opportunity to expand this network, grow our brand in the digital marketplace, create compelling value propositions, shape marketing strategies with extensive market and consumer data, and optimize relationships with key customer groups.
The Marketing internship at American Express is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to help shape the next generation of products & services for one of the world’s top brands. We seek a thought-leader and a problem-solver who can blend business, technical, and industry best practices – sweating every fine detail to develop innovative solutions and create best-in-class customer experiences.
Where are these roles located within American Express?
Merchant- Global Merchant Services (GMS), the merchant network of American Express, acquires and maintains relationships with millions of merchants who welcome American Express-branded cards. Global Merchant Services consists of sales and client management teams, a marketing organization, operations and servicing, product development and other groups focused on deepening our merchant relationships around the world.
Commercial-American Express’ Global Commercial Payments seeks to Change the World at Work, so our customers can change the world. We aspire to serve all of our commercial clients, from the mom-and-pop store on Main Street to the largest global enterprises, with one voice and integrated presence in the marketplace. Each of our clients is a critical part of the global economy – from the jobs they provide, the goods and services they deliver, and the change and impact they each seek to have in the world - - it’s an honor and a privilege to be a part of their story.
Consumer- Consumer Products and Services manage the growth, marketing and servicing of all aspects of charge and lending card products for individual consumers. Roles include developing new products and partnerships as well as the marketing and servicing aspects of our card products, including managing membership benefits and consumers’ travel. Consumer oversees a best-in-class membership rewards program, and is supported by world-class global service. The company offers a portfolio of products and travel services tailored to the needs of specific customer groups.
Brand (GABM)- Global Advertising & Brand Management’s role is to help create marketplace demand and drive commerce for American Express through differentiated and innovative messages, partnerships, marketing and experiences across all lines of business globally. Teams within the group include Brand Management & Planning. which leads brand planning, innovation and in-house creative services; Media, Communications & Experiences, which leads media planning, advertising and social media, innovative experiences, and management of our extensive global sports, entertainment & lifestyle partnerships; as well as Amex Insights, responsible for bringing the voice of the customer and competitive context to business decisions made across the enterprise.
What type of work can you expect to do in Marketing at American Express?
- Be responsible for the end-to-end strategy, development and execution of new and emerging digital products, services and/or technology platforms
- Identify opportunities and enhancements for existing products & services to penetrate untapped markets
- Develop innovative, profitable, customer-centric product and marketing strategies
- Define the product / feature roadmap for how best to enhance our products, services and/or underlying technical platforms to meet future customer needs
- Leverage internal data from web analytics tools and “voice of customer” surveys, as well as external sources such as JD Power, Forrester, and Credit Card Monitor services to define new customer experiences
- Improve critical customer experiences including driving resolution of customer issues and regulatory matter to help increase the net promoter score
- Initiate and leverage customer insights through analysis and research with customers and prospects
- Create enhanced value for customers and distribution partners through product innovation
- Passion for customer marketing, payments innovation, and new technology trends
- Ability to conceptualize and sell ideas
- Independent thinker who’s organized, has great attention to detail, and can multi-task
- Ability to balance the big picture with a micro perspective
- Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
- Proven track record of driving results cross-functionally and collaborating with diverse teams
- Willing to take risks and share fresh perspectives
- Currently enrolled in full-time MBA program
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2018 and June 2019
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
In order for your application to be considered, please complete the below steps:
- Click on the below link and select “Apply Online”
2. Create a new username and password
3. Complete and submit your application
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time