American Express Campus 2018 Undergraduate –Information Security Internship
This position is a 10 week internship opportunity in Phoenix, Arizona in the IT Risk and Information Security organization of American Express. This is an entry-level opportunity to leverage knowledge gained from the classroom and apply it on a fast-paced, high-performing Information Security team. Responsible for assisting with activities designed to systematically manage information security, such as security investigations, intelligence, assurance, and/or other project oversight, including developing best practices for information security standards and managing IT controls and compliance with regulatory guidance.
Our Information Security analysts are equipped to prepare, prevent, detect, respond and recover cyber security events. Beyond analysis, they provide insight, direction, and leadership that makes American Express one of the most respected companies in the world.
What type of work can you expect to do in Information Security at American Express?
- Participate in the team’s activities such as security investigations, intelligence, assurance, and awareness and/or other project oversight
- Maintains records to allow for historical trending analysis
- Collaborate with technology, information security, and business partners
- Administer and monitor profiles, review violation reports and investigate possible exceptions
- Understand security policies and standards
- Prepare material on information security (reports, presentations, spreadsheets, etc)
- Document processes and requirements
- Assist in root cause analysis for incident management
- Leverage knowledge from the classroom and apply to American Express
Here are the skills and experience we are looking for. Do these describe you?
- Cyber Security education and/or experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge or awareness in information security, compliance, assurance, and/or other security best practices and principles
o Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field preferred
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2018 and June 2019
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee Satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by November 20th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorships for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time