American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Campus Undergraduate - 2018 Industrial Engineer Summer Internship
- Directly lead projects & make a real world impact on our business & Card Members.
- Gain experience with & create world class strategies, systems, and processes.
- Leverage your statistical manufacturing tools and consulting techniques in finance industry.
- Work as a team member in a large engineering organization of IEs, Analysts, & Project Managers – dedicated to helping improve business processes & drive optimization.
- Experience diversified opportunities at our Phoenix & Florida service centers – with full time opportunities nationwide & globally.
- Diverse career growth opportunities horizontally (IE, Senior IE, Lead IE, Project Manager) and vertically (several VP and Director roles) – all directly within the engineering organization.
Competitive compensation package for internships – with summer relocation support.
- Ability to communicate orally & in writing with superiors & peers in a clearly/consistently.
- Adept at problem solving and quantitative analysis using superior analytical skills.
- Understanding of continuous process improvement & problem solving methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams.
- Results driven with the ability to manage projects & initiatives to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to drive project implementation working with diverse customer groups.
- Knowledge & exposure using common IE software (such as Excel, MiniTab, etc).
- Knowledge, exposure, or expertise in multiple IE topics, such as following:
continuous improvement • complex problem solving • cost benefit analysis • Six Sigma • lean • project management • statistics • operations research • simulation • data mining • regression analysis • forecasting • quality control / statistical process control • work/motion study • design of experiments • process or value stream mapping • etc
- Permanent U.S. Work Status (in U.S.) (cannot support sponsorship or students with visas)
- Currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree program in Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Undergrad IEs must be in progress on their upper division course work. (junior / senior)
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2018 and June 2019
Employee eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time