American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Campus Graduate – 2018 Strategic Planning Group Summer Internship
Campus Graduate – 2018 Strategic Planning Group Summer Intern - Senior Manager
The Strategic Planning Group (“SPG”) at American Express has a two-fold mission:
- Strategy development - To be a partner for our business unit clients and for Amex by informing, resolving, and driving execution of the most critical strategic initiatives
- Leadership development - To attract high-performing talent, develop their business and people leadership competencies, and transition them to be successful leaders within Amex.
Team members in SPG are continuously surprised at the incredible breadth and depth of project assignments. A role with SPG at American Express offers the unique opportunity to work across key business lines with the top strategic minds in the business. SPG Leadership provides team members with tailored support to help each individual build a successful career in American Express. A successful summer internship will lead to a full time offer upon graduation.
What can you expect as a Summer Intern Senior Manager in SPG at American Express?
- Perform analysis and research to develop insights and solutions to tackle the highest strategic priorities
- Engage business unit leaders to develop and present cutting edge solutions, and provide thought partnership and strategic counsel
- Collaborate with talented teammates to deliver significant and sustainable results
- Participate in networking and social events with peers and senior leaders across the business, to build a professional network, gain a deeper understanding of the company, and learn the great culture of American Express
Here are the skills and experiences we’re looking for. Do these describe you?
Skills / Experience Needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Strong problem solving abilities and quantitative aptitude; intellectual curiosity
- Strong professional presence; effective communication and presentation skills
- Ability to drive change and impact
- Dedication to clients; professional services mindset
- A track record of results, and a passion for people
- 1st year enrolled in a full time MBA program or equivalent
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Learn more about American Express by visiting https://careers.americanexpress.com/students/
With a job at American Express, almost anything is possible. Apply now!
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time