American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Campus Graduate - 2018 Consulting Summer Internship
American Express Campus Graduate – 2018 Consulting Summer Internship
The American Express Summer Intern Program will provide high-performing MBA students with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience supporting projects that have significant strategic, operational and/or financial impact for the company and our clients. Interns will meet business leaders from all levels and have a chance to learn about the culture and values that drive the organization. In addition to gaining this level of experience, interns will also have the opportunity to build a business network across the organization.
Business Strategy Execution
As American Express’ in-house consulting group, our mission is to identify and implement actionable solutions to complex initiatives that drive clear business results. We do this by partnering with business units across the organization to develop and execute strategy, leveraging resources appropriately, and managing large-scale change.
The MBA Intern is an integral member of the team focused on driving thoughtful strategy, detailed planning, and disciplined execution of complex initiatives. Interns are responsible for owning and achieving business objectives while delivering the core of what American Express was founded upon — superior customer service.
Employment opportunities on this team offer nonstop challenges and the chance to work with experienced leaders from the American Express enterprise and across lines of business — providing a holistic view of the company and invaluable knowledge supporting each individual’s career growth.
Role & Responsibilities:
What type of work can you expect to do in Consulting at American Express?
- Drive project delivery via stakeholder relationship management, identification of opportunities and risks, strategic recommendations, and optimal execution of deliverables
- Collaborate with others and leverage internal and external resources to create innovative solutions to complex problems
- Create logically structured presentations that effectively and persuasively communicate project goals and opportunities
- Manage the development and execution of change management and communication plans
Here are the skills and experiences we’re looking for. Do these describe you?
- Enrolled in Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- 3-6+ years of management consulting or experience working on large scale projects
- Ability to manage and prioritize competing demands, while effectively balancing deliverables and client relationships
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to communicate ideas, concepts, and vision in a structured and compelling format
- Ability to build relationships and partner with others to drive results
- Capacity to be agile and pivot appropriately when challenged with new information or evolving circumstances
- Appetite to grow your skills and develop professionally
- Enthusiastic, motivated, and collaborative team-oriented player with a positive attitude
- Must earn MBA by June 2019
American Express’ heritage was built on service and has been sustained by innovation. Through our evolution from an express mail business in 1850, to one of the world’s largest card issuers by purchasing volume and a digital innovator, we’ve never been afraid to explore new possibilities and embrace the changing marketplace.
From our high employee satisfaction ratings to our many workplace awards, American Express is consistently recognized as a great place to work by people around the world. We offer talented individuals challenging work with purpose by embracing both innovation and tradition. As our company has grown and evolved, sometimes reinventing our business outright, we have never strayed from the customer-service ethos and values on which the company was built –trust, security, integrity, quality, good citizenship, respect and customer commitment.
Our team will review completed applications on a rolling basis. We appreciate your patience while we consider your application and will be in contact with you by April 30th.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time