American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Campus Graduate – 2018 Risk Information Management Summer Internship
- Global Information Management: This team is American Express’s center of excellence for managing data platforms and Big Data capabilities & analytics. GIM comprises of Product management teams that own and manage data platforms across the company; Analytics experts providing analytical consulting and modeling support for the commercial business teams; data scientists & researchers developing the next generation of Machine learning and AI capabilities to power innovation in our product and services; and finally, data governance and privacy experts that provide guidance to the business on how to use data in the most compliant and effective way
- Credit and Fraud Risk Management: These teams develop and execute global strategies to control unexpected losses and promote growth at the right profit margins. Credit Risk calibrates the company’s credit exposure across the card life cycle. This includes identifying which prospective customers to target; optimizing criteria for underwriting, credit limits, and point-of-sale approvals; and imposing controls such as limit decreases and card cancellations. The fraud risk team tracks the ever-changing tactics of fraudsters to develop industry-leading defenses that protect against fraudulent card use, data breaches, and identity theft.
- Strong analytical discipline, solution-oriented mindset, and focus on outcomes
- Passion to build an end-to-end understanding of Amex processes, product economics, and content expertise
- Deep curiosity and an innovative spirit through company-wide collaboration, industry practices, and disruptive thinking
- Strong communication skills
- Create decision science big data-based models for improving response rates to our marketing programs, fraud control, or line assignment for lending customers
- Build a customer matching algorithm to synthesize online (e.g., cookies) and offline customer attributes
- Analyze risk portfolio and provide recommendations for improvement
- Help us think through the next-generation data assets that will drive our effectiveness fully respecting customer privacy
- Provide recommendations on winning new customers and wallet share of existing customers through deep analysis and insights
- Currently enrolled in full-time Graduate degree program in analytical field (Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations, Mathematics, Science) (preferred)
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2018 and June 2019
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
Tags: US reqs – MBA/MS, GH2017
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time