American Express Careers
Manager – Payments Consulting Japan, GMS
This role will focus on providing payments consulting driven by merchant demand.
The incumbent will be responsible for delivering against strategic business objectives by providing consultative payment solution and deliver it into merchants, third party processors in order for merchant to accept American Express card.
This Payments Consultant also build and manage relationship strategically with payment processors and local industry board members.
l Provide effective payment solution consultation to merchants to achieving card acceptance at the merchants
l In conjunction with payment solution consultation, support AMEX Japan merchant payment process strategy development & preparation for periodical Business Reviews
l Manage and drive effective payment solution enablement project
l Manage key strategic projects by working with cross-functional teams, aimed at driving towards profitable and sustainable results for AMEX merchant service Japan.
l Manage relationship with payment processing partners, such as payment service providers, POS terminal manufactures, payment industry board members.
l Interface between AMEX Merchant Service Japan and AMEX global functions to ensure payment transaction processing
- Minimum of 5 years of analytical and business consultative experience
- Consultative sales/solution building skills
- Relationship building/management skills
- Solid written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in both Japanese and in English
- Driving skill to manage and lead projects and to manage issue resolution
- Ability to build and leverage strong relationship with both internal and external customers in both Japanese and in English
- High proficiency in both Japanese and English languages
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time