American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Programmer Analyst - Customer Data & Capabilities
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential.
As part of Customer Data and Capabilities team within Global Information Management, this exciting position will be responsible for implementation of marketing, servicing and analytics data in Cornerstone, the enterprise data warehouse.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Enable Big Data and batch/ real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies (Hadoop, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, HBase, Pig etc) to deliver innovative solutions across multiple lines of business
• Collaborating with partners from Marketing, Risk, Capabilities and AET teams to understand the data requirements and enable their use cases in Cornerstone.
• Ensuring data quality and accuracy through intensive testing at variable and use case level.
• Identifying and implementing the opportunities to enhance process efficiency through increased standardization and automation, in order to reduce manual effort.
• Developing understanding of Card member data in marketing and analytics processes and leveraging the same to define and transform the data in Cornerstone.
• 2-3 years of experience in data programming and applications systems design and architecture on Hive, Pig, Map Reduce and good exposure to Python will be preferred.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a tremendous will to win.
• Excellent Interpersonal skills, Multitasking, and Thought-leadership skills with the ability to influence cross-functional teams.
• Functions as a core member of an Agile team driving User story analysis & elaboration, design and development of software applications, testing & builds automation tools.
• Understanding and experience with UNIX / Shell / Perl / Python scripting Bonus skills: Experience in: • Object-oriented design and coding with variety of languages Java, J2EE, Big Data Components/ Frameworks (Hadoop, HBase, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Ozie, Avro etc) and other AJAX tools/ Frameworks
• Good understanding of AXP marketing and analytics data and platforms.
• Good Understanding of payments industry & systems will be a plus.
• An advanced degree in IT or Business would be preferred.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time