American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Service Delivery Leader - Reporting
American Express for 9th consecutive year has been voted among India’s top 10 workplaces by the Great Place to Work institute. In recognition of our consistent performance, we were nominated to the Great Place to Work “Hall of Fame”.
At American Express, we serve customers, not transactions. We’re widely known for providing superior customer service and have been recognized for a number of achievements including being ranked highest in customer satisfaction within the credit card industry by J.D. Power for seven consecutive years.
A career at American Express is rich in experience and offers opportunities to build lasting relationships with our customers.
Come join us and realize your potential
This role will be part of the BSE CoE based out of Gurgaon supporting Finance Forward Analytics team. This role will report to the Performance reporting director in the CoE and work closely with Finance Analytics business partners globally.
Finance Forward is a transformational Finance project with its objective to make Finance more efficient and effective while continuing to provide outstanding service and value to our business partners, customers and shareholders. As part of this initiative, we are investing in an integrated technology platform as a key enabler of efficient Finance processes.
The Finance Transformation project is comprised of 4 phases:
· Phase 1 – Strategic Assessment
· Phase 2 – Blueprint Design
· Phase 3 – Detailed Design and Build
· Phase 4 – Deployment
The Finance Analytics work stream is focused on establishing Cornerstone as a foundational capability that can be leveraged across Finance. This work stream is working with stakeholders across the LFO and Planning organization to determine data needs, implement advanced analytical software and designing training for Finance.
This exciting role will launch a Tableau development team within Finance. The manager will work closely with the Director of Finance Forward Analytics to create a team of Tableau developers that supports the Global Finance organization. The manager will focus on leveraging big data Cornerstone capabilities to build compelling analytics. The manager will also assist with the Finance Analytics work stream to test new software available on Cornerstone (Datameer, Hive, Pig, etc.).
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Create and develop a team of analysts that help Finance use Tableau and leverage other analytical tools.
- Assist in the implementation, development and design of new Tableau reporting to generate insights that inform and enable business strategies.
- Engage with American Express Technologies and Tableau Technologies to automate processes and provide reporting to over 500 users.
- Manage projects work flow for the team.
- Identify and implement opportunities that leverage Cornerstone for Finance.
- Present and communicate projects to leadership across Finance.
- Collaborate with business partners across American Express (Finance, Technologies, GMS, Consumer, Corporate, GNS, etc)
- Provide training to users for Tableau.
7-9 years of experience in reporting, analytics and operations. Should have demonstrated people leading qualities in previous roles and must have strong business acumen and hands on capability experience.
- Advanced experience with Tableau is required.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, creating something new and adjusting course as required.
- Strong project and stakeholder management a must.
- Experience with American Express systems is desired (GDR, GMAR, RAMP, IDN, etc.).
- Team management and people leadership experience.
- Worked on developing/maintaining complex codes and understanding of coding concepts.
- Strong Query building /writing experience using SQL on database platform.
- Prior experience of product testing and UAT
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, facilitation and presentation writing skills. Must be able to communicate results to stakeholders including non-finance people.
- Ability to handle a high pressure environment, and make decisions in challenging situations.
- Must be a self-starter with an ability to drive large scale change.
- Experienced people leader who can keep cross functional teams engaged and motivated to work together and perform.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time