American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Network Engineer
Millions of customers depend on our infrastructure, we depend on you
The success of our entire company rests on our systems, networks, and people. Our Network engineers know that delivering on that promise takes a robust, scalable and efficient infrastructure. So if you’re an expert on networking and know the value of supporting technology and the people who depend on it, build you career here.
Build a strong network and a solid career
The best network isn’t built in a day or even a year and it’s certainly not built without a team. Here’s just some of what you’ll do:
- Install, configure, and maintain Cisco Routers, switches, firewalls, A10 load balancers and Aruba Wireless
- Create and maintain written documentation
- Project work
- Troubleshoot issues escalated by the support team
- Work directly with the networking and operations teams to identify issues and provide solutions in a timely fashion
- 3-5 years networking in a 24x7 production environment (Data Center Preferred)
- Good knowledge of WAN and VPN topologies
- Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining Cisco ASA and/or Palo Alto Firewalls
- Strong background in Cisco Router/Switching, OSPF and BGP (minimum current CCNP certification)
- Experience with Cisco 6500 and Nexus 5000 switches
- Experience or good understanding with Load Balancing
- Experience or good understanding with wireless implementations
- Good overall background in network security
- Experience working with Wireshark or similar application for packet analysis
- Experience working with service providers like AT&T, CenturyLink, etc.
- Interface with customers and vendors to manage projects from inception through completion
- Must be able to undertake assignments with minimal supervision and multitask efficiently
- Ability to coordinate and perform network maintenance and upgrades within and outside business hours
- Must be able to travel to remote data centers
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time