American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Account Development Director, Global Commercial Payments
Is your passion in building deep, profitable and long-lasting relationships with clients? Then we want you to join American Express.
Global Commercial Payments (GCP) is looking for a passionate, driven and people focused leader to ensure its success. We are looking for a Director who will lead the Customer Relationship Development team and be responsible for setting strategic direction and execution of Australia and Singapore account development teams. - The desired outcome of these relationships is clients that are promoters and consequently drive profitable billings, growth and client retention. You will be part of Global Commercial Payments (GCP) which provides a range of Corporate Card Programs, Supplier Payments Solutions and other expense management tools.
To qualify you must possess the following:
- Experience in establishing, leading and evolving a best in class telephone based account management team
- Commercially savvy, with a demonstrated track record in customer focused business strategies, developing execution plans and targets, and quantifiable success
- Extensive people leadership experience, including leading through a management team
- An in independent self starter, with experience in engaging leaders and stakeholders located in other parts of the Japan and Asia Pacific regions (Sydney and Singapore)
- Works closely with the Marketing teams to build, implement and execute comprehensive, robust and customer focused campaigns to increase positive engagement, client profitability growth and retention.
- Proactively interprets financial analysis and insights to formulate and drive profitable growth and retention strategies
- Sets aggressive performance standards and using pragmatic process and an analytical mindset supports and leads their team to delivery goals and outcomes
- Develops and motivates direct reports with a strategic growth mindset
- Demonstrates ability to operate in a fast-paced evolving environment, to influence collaborate and coordinate with multiple stakeholders globally, regionally and/or locally.
- Comfortable presenting and messaging with senior organizational leaders.
- Seeks continuous improvement by considering solutions that make novel use of existing ideas, approaches, technologies or products
- Fosters relationships with global, regional and /or local counterparts and collaborates with support to drive profitable growth, overcome obstacles and support business objectives
- Effective and persuasive and has a high level of executive presence
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
- Proven track record in a Sales or Account Development role essential
- Strong people leadership and coaching skills
- Consultative selling and negotiation skills to achieve results
- Highly organized and self-motivated, with strong initiative
- Strong analytical and financial skills to drive performance of the portfolio
- Maturity, flexibility and patience to respond to dynamic work environment and ever-changing needs
- Ability to build and leverage strong stakeholder relationships and collaborate across diverse regional teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with corporate clients
- Ability to drive results in Sales / AD environment by motivating, inspiring vision and hands on leadership
- Demonstrate competency in driving results, collaborating and influencing others, development of diverse talent, meeting and exceeding customer expectations and proven communication skills
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player who is flexible and maintains a positive attitude even during changing work priorities
- Remote management
Call to action:
So if you this role is speaking to you, do not hesitate to e-mail Vincent.Lai@aexp.com or Minerva.Cainglet @aexp.com
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time