American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
2018 Finance Graduate Programme
2018 American Express Finance Graduate Programme
Our Finance team is at the heart of all key business decisions in American Express. You will join our premier global network of change makers, discover how Finance goes beyond the numbers and shape the future of the business. You will diversify your skill set and gain exposure by working on high profile projects- analysing and simplifying complex data to identify areas of value and consult the business to drive more profitable decisions.
The graduate role will involve working as a Finance Analyst in any of our Finance teams supporting a range of business areas such as Global Consumer, Corporate Products, Bank Partnerships, International Business Development or Small Merchant Business. Finance Analyst roles will focus on the development of your analytical and relationship building skills, as well as challenging your strategic thinking and understanding.
You will be part of a wider American Express Graduate Programme which will include a structured induction, thorough training and development, in depth Finance specific training and full support if you wish to pursue further professional qualifications.
What type of work can you expect to do in Finance at American Express?
- Develop relationships in a complex global matrix organization.
- Use American Express big data to identify market trends, key metrics, solve problems, and influence executive decision-making.
- Develop new data analytics and tools in order to drive scalable insights and business strategy.
- Provide decision support on investment strategies for products, identification of key market drivers for business generation and business profitability, and resource allocation.
- Work closely with Operational and Finance management and their teams to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its evolving needs.
- Analytical skills
- Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights and draw conclusions
- Impeccable commercial acumen with ability to see the bigger picture and effectively collaborate to help influence senior leadership
- Eagerness to learn and use SQL to extract and manipulate data, or with other programming or scripting languages.
- Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills; innovative, organised and thorough
- Ability to build relationships across teams and effective networking skills
- Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme or a Master’s programme in your final year of study (any degree discipline)
- A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what
we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and
innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that
makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we
regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take
on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow
your career here.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law.
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process or need any reasonable adjustments to be made then please contact the Campus Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time