PR/Social Media Manager
The Manager of PA&C is responsible for developing various external and internal communications strategies, and also responsible for executing them in excellent quality. Reporting to Director, PA&C, the role is focused on raising American Express’s brand presence and reputation in the market, helping business achieve its goals and strengthening colleague engagement within the organization.
Principal duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop American Express Brand Communications strategies along with the internal team to effectively drive initial consideration and relevance of the American Express brand among the core target audiences.
- Manage various Brand Communications activities by leading external agencies and partners, and monitor its effectiveness and performance.
- Develop American Express Social Media strategies, and deploy it into our brand communications. Responsibility includes Facebook/Twitter account management, external digital media partnership, and social influencer relationship building, but not limited to these.
- Support the business goals by ensuring the development and implementation of effective communications programs to deliver key messages about the business, its service, expertise and products.
- Provide strategic communications advice to senior leaders and proactively seek exposure opportunities through media and speaking engagements.
- Identify and engage key opinion leaders and powerful digital influencers and bloggers as necessary to support business goal.
- Work with internal/external counterpart to drive AXP’s philanthropic activities
- Manage robust colleague communications program along with other PR team members. Executions include internal messaging development, town hall meeting management, intranet contents production and upload, internal TV broadcasting scenario script writing and schedule management
Issue Management & Crisis Communications:
- Develop appropriate communications strategies and messaging through close collaboration with key business partners (such as senior leaders, global counterparts, external agency) to protect American Express brand value, and to mitigate business impact
- Must have 7-8 years Public Relations and/or Marketing Communications experience. Communications agency experience is a plus.
- Must have experience, knowledge and strong passion in digital/social media. Eager to learn for how to effectively use emerging new media and technology platform are highly required
- Must have strong knowledge of Japanese media. Well established media network/contacts are preferable
- Must understand the changing media landscape, and be able to build strong communications strategy
- Must have strong written and verbal communications skills, Japanese (native level) and English (business level). Experience working in and/or for global companies are preferable. International experience is a plus
- Should be able to work independently, and also be a good team player
- Should have a positive mindset to challenge the status-quo
- Have to be proactive, flexible and have excellent interpersonal and relationship skill. Must have ability to influence others and be comfortable in communicating at all levels
- Requires maturity to handle highly sensitive and in many cases confidential company information as well as managing multiple stakeholders
- Able to manage and respond quickly to multiple priorities while driving results and delivery against deadlines. Be calm under strong pressure.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): フルタイム