American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Premium Travel & Lifestyle Consultant
American Express Canada is a company with a long history and a bright future. A Canadian employer since 1853, Amex has created a culture that nurtures extraordinary talent and turns careers into unparalleled experiences. A company where every employee is given the opportunity to learn, grow and excel, Amex is always on the lookout for driven, forward-thinking and creative people ready to take their career to the next level. So, if you share our passion for excellence, our dedication to great service and our excitement about innovation, there’s a world of opportunity waiting for you in a career with American Express Canada.
American Express entered the travel agency business in 1915 and today is one of the world’s largest luxury travel and lifestyle services networks. The Travel & Lifestyle Services (TLS) business provides easy access and extraordinary service for Card Members seeking leisure travel as well as a variety of lifestyle services.
For more than 100 years, American Express Travel & Lifestyle Services has served and inspired extraordinary lives by delivering WOW experiences every day. Using our Extraordinary Care global servicing ethos, our Premium Travel and Lifestyle consultants go above and beyond to surpass the expectation of our Premium Card Members and handle all aspects of their travel and lifestyle needs with enthusiasm and passion.
A successful Premium Travel and Lifestyle consultant has an entrepreneurial spirit and serves as an advocate for their customers. They will understand the luxury servicing space and maintain awareness in the latest trends across, dining, entertainment, travel, fashion, events etc. to engage with their customers.
· Understand the profile, preferences, and history (travel and lifestyle) of Card Members
· Leverage a variety of internal resources to gain deeper understanding of Card Members and develop opportunities to deliver outstanding service
· Ensure customer profiles are accurate and up-to-date in order to further enhance the Card Member experience
· Use detailed knowledge of Card Members lifestyle preferences and travel history to offer relevant value-added opportunities
· Drive increase in benefit engagement with Card Members across the portfolio of premium card products
· Understand existing and new product offerings, value proposition and relevance to Card Members
· Appropriately leverage internal expertise to coordinate the handling of complex inquiries, ensuring timely completion to the satisfaction of the customer
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
· Must be TICO certified
· Recent usage and proficiency with a GDS is required; preferably Sabre
· Minimum 2 years customer engagement and/or relationship management experience
· 1 year prior sales experience, demonstrating consultative selling skills with ability to confidently offer recommendations resulting in high customer satisfaction
· Passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, relationship building, and strong written and verbal communication
· Superior attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to understand customers’ unique travel needs/desires through focused consultation and to design customized travel options to exceed their expectations
· Experience and interest in luxury lifestyle servicing
· Broad domestic and international destination knowledge
· Effectively prioritize workloads and Card Member requests
· Analyzing new information quickly, think innovatively, and challenge traditional servicing approaches
· Ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team and collaborate effectively across multiple business units
· Ability to receive and acknowledge feedback (complaints & compliments) and act on it by engaging American Express internal stakeholders to resolve any issues in a timely manner
· Have a positive can-do attitude with the ability to maintain composure under pressure
· Flexible to work shifts including evenings, weekends and holidays
· Must be eligible to work in Canada
· Bilingualism (French) an asset
It’s an exciting time to join American Express Canada, where we dedicate extensive time, resources and effort to satisfying and surprising our customers. We make that same commitment to our employees, as well, striving to create an environment where people are respected, both personally and professionally. Be part of it. American Express Canada is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time