American Express Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Each day, we make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services, enabling them to do and achieve more.
We’re committed to becoming the world’s most respected service brand and daily deliver extraordinary service to our customers, constantly reinventing our ways of working to ensure we offer rich rewards that redefine expectations for our clients and ourselves.
We are looking for a high performing and fast learning Engineer to join the International Legal & Regulatory team to help build our new next generation capability for the AML Know Your Customer data Refresh process.
As a member of an agile development team, this role will partner closely with the Product Manager to create a set of API's that will enable our future KYC Refresh capabilities to be consumed across internal and external digital and servicing channels.
Your primary development experience will be using a mix of Java EE and Spring.
Proven prior experience of these technologies and working styles is a must.
- Works with product owners to refine stories for ongoing sprints and managing a list of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues
- Performs all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications, including writing new code and creating API's
- Typically spends 70% of time writing code and testing, and remainder of time collaborating with stakeholders through ongoing product/platform releases, implementing CICD and monitoring capabilities with a DevOps mindset.
- Designs and builds integration components and interfaces in collaboration with Architects and Infrastructure Engineers as necessary
Relevant software development experience in a professional environment and/or comparable experience such as: Demonstrated experience working in a team of Engineers, hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related field required;
- Experience in Agile techniques, as well as experience with BDD and TDD
- Understands the complete vertical platform environment (technical stack)
- Ideally experience developing RESTful API’s and microservices
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com or 00800 83 000038 (for Russia based candidates 810 800 83 000038).
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time